Mail: "Bandits à Neuf Heures, Jacques! RAF Pilots Have Language Lessons" (sic)

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by soleil, Jun 11, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Lesson Numero 1.

Repeat after me:

<< Où est le plus proche hôtel cinq étoiles avec un centre de bar gratuit? >>

2. I sent an e-mail to the Mail yesterday, pointing out the discrepancy between the title and the content (RAF/RN) and suggesting that they edit the title.

As is their custom, they didn't bother.

3. Pas de problème. We already have at least one RN officer (Lt Mark Proudman RN) serving on board the French carrier Charles de Gaulle, along with several from the US Navy (link):

349804,h=425,pd=1,w=620.jpg

4. I love how half of the subject is spent discussing their meals!

5. It sounds a good idea to me sending our FAA guys to learn from the Froggies.

I just wonder if someone will take the brave decision to order fewer JSF's and order Rafale instead. It would be a 1/3rd of the price and almost as capable. We could probably even build it under license.

6. I take back what I said earlier about the Mail not bothering to correct things.

I rang the paper this morning and was put through to someone working on the Pictures Desk; he has kindly changed the title of the online article as per my request. Credit where credit's due.

7. Don't be so quick to give them any kind of credit. They lose those points by stating that they are being "forced" to learn French, that our relationship with the French is "tense" and then banging on about French scran.

One day I'm going to burn down The Mail HQ, or the Reichstag if you like.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Monty
    Can you reserve me a place on your exped? I'll gladly fork out for a jerrican (or two) of petrol, and, now I think of it, some padlocks to keep the doors shut so the c*nts (esp that Amanda Platell slag) can't get out as the place goes up.

9. Strange how the Mail has a phot of an Invincible class carrier with an accompanying title as if it's a French one, at least the Telegraph got that bit right as well.