Magners Cider

slim

War Hero
geoffg said:
Erm, I was just saying that Asda are selling it cheap. Thats all. Dont give a shit whether anyone likes it or who makes it :razz:
geoff(ers) :???:
Thanks very much Geoffers, if we throw enough insults perhaps it will eventually become free :smile: If it does keep us posted :lol:

bruiser_loose

Midshipman
To make matters more confusing, most of the cider made in Zomerzet is made from concentrated apple juice that is shipped in from France and Spain! Apparently it is cheaper to do this than use the apples from the thousand of orchards that Zomerzet is famous for. World gone mad?

:???: :???: :???:

jesse650

War Hero
ahhhhhhh apples :cool:

matured in rum casks!!!!!!! may have to hunt that one down........getting my pith helmet out for the hunt (for getting pithed in) :grin: :grin:

ps (random note) Badgers like rotting cider apples (fermented)......anyone seen any pissed badgers around? :shock: :grin:

fishmiester

Banned
I have 40 pints of bsolutely lush cider which I brewed from a load of free apples I acquired. Brewed in a plastic bin. It tastes gorgeous.
Called it SHAGNERS.
No need for ice as it is quite cold enough in the shed at the moment.

Magners...... Ha PISH

bruiser_loose said:
To make matters more confusing, most of the cider made in Zomerzet is made from concentrated apple juice that is shipped in from France and Spain! Apparently it is cheaper to do this than use the apples from the thousand of orchards that Zomerzet is famous for. World gone mad?

:???: :???: :???:
Not Sheppy's mate - they press their own apples on their farm and produce a very refined cider indeed. This is REAL West Country cider made by in-born West Country people - not these tourists who've lived all their lives there but weren't actually BORN there...... er... like me.... :oops: :sad:

fishmiester said:
I have 40 pints of bsolutely lush cider which I brewed from a load of free apples I acquired. Brewed in a plastic bin. It tastes gorgeous.
Called it SHAGNERS.
No need for ice as it is quite cold enough in the shed at the moment.

Magners...... Ha PISH
Isn't that a spelling mistake Fish? Surely you really meant SHAGGERS! :grin:

geoffg

Lantern Swinger
jesse650 said:
ahhhhhhh apples :cool:

matured in rum casks!!!!!!! may have to hunt that one down........getting my pith helmet out for the hunt (for getting pithed in) :grin: :grin:

ps (random note) Badgers like rotting cider apples (fermented)......anyone seen any pissed badgers around? :shock: :grin:
Morrisons do a bottled cider thats matured in rum casks and its absolutely superb. :cool: £5 for 4 bottles.
Is it from drinkin' cider, or interbreading that west coasters have webbed feet !! :shock:

clanky said:
wet_blobby said:
all magners is in reality is cleaverly marketed bulmers
I suspect Magners will soon be consigned to the slop tray of history, along with all the other "fashion" drinks that the brewing industry sees fit to foist on the public every summer. Anyone care to remember...............
Hoopers Hooch
MD 20/20
K
White lightning
etc etc.
All distinguished by having a bland innoffensive taste coupled with a high alcahol content.
When somebody suggested I try a Magners last summer I predicted that by this time this year they'd be flogging off cheap in corner shop off licences. It looks like I was correct.
Anyone got any suggestions as to what this years summer fad drink is going to be?
oo Clanky dear - we were once told at my then RNR unit on a particular weekend we were only to drink shandy, we invented the Vivid Shandy - made from half McCaffreys and half hooch! It was a killer, it then went on to become The Party Drink, and it was required during the summer tour - cerrtainly during Its a Knockout - to combine it with spirit chasers! I think I managed 3 pints of shandy and 3 chasers before I was returned to my tent!

dt018a9667

War Hero
Never fell for the marketing so I have never tasted the stuff and have no intention to.
Just as an aside bet you can’t make a purple parachute with the stuff, as far as I know you need the real mc coy (real scrumpy).
Ah memories to old for those fun and games these days.
:grin: :grin: :grin:

geoffg

Lantern Swinger
Rosie!!
Is McCaffreys a Scottish version of Caffreys. Or is it brewed in Wales by Bulmers of Ireland :shock:

oh geoffers! don't be so mean to me!

I am hungover and having trouble holding food down after a mates hen night last night. It was about 8 years ago that we used to drink Vivid Shandys and I have slept since then!

Rosie

don't thing much of that magners cider, when i do drink cider i perfer strongbow sirrus, a very nice drink indeed. another drink i used to like was "cripple cock" but cant seem to find any

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
finknottle Diamond Lil's 16
Flammin Gallah Blue Jokes 0
soleil Submariners 8