Magners Cider

geoffg

Lantern Swinger
Asda in Dunfermline are selling the Litre bottles(£2-69) for 2 quid a bottle. Suppose they are elsewhere too
geoff(ers) :???:

Shakey

War Hero
I don't understand Magners. What's all this putting ice in the glass thing about?

Prefer Scrumpy Jack anyway.

Ahhhhh, apples. :smile:

slim

War Hero
Irish Cider, no way. I love the Guinness and other similar beers but cider, best left to the West country boys.

mazza_magoo

Lantern Swinger
wet_blobby said:
all magners is in reality is cleaverly marketed bulmers

It is indeed and when i tried to kill myself drinking it on my brothers stag weekend in cork city a few years ago, thats exactly what it was called! (murphys and bulmers in the same glass. deadly) :grin:

Stripey_G

War Hero
Ah...cider! Used to drink that scrumpy that was so thick you strained it through yer teeth then spat the shite out afterwards!! Proper job! Used to send me loopy so had to give it up. :evil: :evil:

dhoby_bucket said:
Magners cider is crap, for people of no taste, get some real cider....

I'll second that! Magners is to cider what Bud is to beer! :lol: And Slim is right, it's best left to us West Country folk to make the REAL stuff! (Not that I'm biased, you understand) :grin:

jambosun

Lantern Swinger
Tried it once, absolutely disgusting and i left most of it - so sweet it must be designed for 12 year olds to encourage them to start early. It's as crap as the bloody adverts for it.

Darb

Lantern Swinger
Well I like it and it will do nicely for me because you can't get cloud over here.

'twas a cider run in Torpoint the night before I went to BRNC that caused some confusion for the next number of years whenever I joined a new ship, and was inevitably asked the question "how do you pronounce your name?". On the first day at Dartmouth, one of the last things we did before they finally let us eat was to have our "official" photos taken, complete with a self completed name board. Pity the hangover allowed me the right letters for my surname, but stopped me from getting the sequence right.

Latest Threads