Made the wrong choice, is it too late

LateToTheParty

Lantern Swinger
I'm sure my AFCO said the RT was 3 years everything else was a year, Im going to call the office tomorrow and see if I can get the ball rolling again. when I explained my decision to him at the time he understood and said he couldn't see the demand for ETSM's dropping in the next 12-18 months

M123 - RR's resident AFCO and Social-Meeja-recruit-adviser, @Ninja_Stoker, might pop up to offer you advice shortly.

Be warned though, besides an allergy to Pigeons (Cooked/uncooked) he is also allergic to those who clock in with 'So' as the very first word of any posting...

Might just be a Liverpool thing as he often helps old folk cross the road, too, (whether they need to or not) on his way to avoid buying the Sun.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Assuming you kept your AFCO/Careers Adviser in the loop and didn't just vanish, the odds are you'll still be good to go. Choccy Hobnobs often help.

Selection element validity, beyond Recruit Test (3 yrs), PJFT & PRNC (6 months) is otherwise 12 months.

Good luck, except...
So basically
Get a bleedin' grip.

LateToTheParty

Lantern Swinger
Assuming you kept your AFCO/Careers Adviser in the loop and didn't just vanish, the odds are you'll still be good to go. Choccy Hobnobs often help.

Selection element validity, beyond Recruit Test (3 yrs), PJFT & PRNC (6 months) is otherwise 12 months.

Good luck, except...
Get a bleedin' grip.

Thanks for the advise Ninja, I did let him know that I was just going to try this role out for 6months as it wasn't an option that would come around again BUT it totally sucks arse and now it pisses me off I didn't keep the November intake.

also apologies for the poorly constructed beginning to the thread, I dropped the ball there :D

Sumo

War Hero
Wrong choice is getting off with the girl next door then ditching her, in a not to friendly way to find out a big brother, is a booty and built like a brick shithouse, who just happens to want a word with you?
Telling the navy to sod off as you have a better offer, is just a minor inconvenience.

LateToTheParty

Lantern Swinger
I see your point, that is a bad move haha

At the time I was sold a pipe dream by my MD been there for the best part of ten years and the only things he came through on with this promotion was the salary and company car.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
The bottom line, when applying to join the Armed Forces is there's no obligation to join and as long as communications and common courtesy are maintained and observed, there's seldom an issue with regard stopping/starting an application. It only becomes an issue uf it is done repeatedly over a long period - some people have attempted to join literally half a dozen times over a decade and the truth is, they'll never join. But, they kinda like the idea.

LateToTheParty

Lantern Swinger
Phoned the AFCO this morning, everything is in date and he's happy to reactivate my application. Had to have a quick update interview and joining date/RNAC have been applied for. Could be in Raleigh by May. This is all good news, I'm not even too bothered I'm going to have to sell the 3k worth of festival tickets I've bought for the summer :D:D

Latest Threads