Made the wrong choice, is it too late

LateToTheParty

Lantern Swinger
I'm sure my AFCO said the RT was 3 years everything else was a year, Im going to call the office tomorrow and see if I can get the ball rolling again. when I explained my decision to him at the time he understood and said he couldn't see the demand for ETSM's dropping in the next 12-18 months

M123 - RR's resident AFCO and Social-Meeja-recruit-adviser, @Ninja_Stoker, might pop up to offer you advice shortly.

Be warned though, besides an allergy to Pigeons (Cooked/uncooked) he is also allergic to those who clock in with 'So' as the very first word of any posting...

Might just be a Liverpool thing as he often helps old folk cross the road, too, (whether they need to or not) on his way to avoid buying the Sun.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Assuming you kept your AFCO/Careers Adviser in the loop and didn't just vanish, the odds are you'll still be good to go. Choccy Hobnobs often help.

Selection element validity, beyond Recruit Test (3 yrs), PJFT & PRNC (6 months) is otherwise 12 months.

Good luck, except...
So basically
Get a bleedin' grip.

LateToTheParty

Lantern Swinger
Assuming you kept your AFCO/Careers Adviser in the loop and didn't just vanish, the odds are you'll still be good to go. Choccy Hobnobs often help.

Selection element validity, beyond Recruit Test (3 yrs), PJFT & PRNC (6 months) is otherwise 12 months.

Good luck, except...
Get a bleedin' grip.
Thanks for the advise Ninja, I did let him know that I was just going to try this role out for 6months as it wasn't an option that would come around again BUT it totally sucks arse and now it pisses me off I didn't keep the November intake.

also apologies for the poorly constructed beginning to the thread, I dropped the ball there :D

Sumo

War Hero
Wrong choice is getting off with the girl next door then ditching her, in a not to friendly way to find out a big brother, is a booty and built like a brick shithouse, who just happens to want a word with you?
Telling the navy to sod off as you have a better offer, is just a minor inconvenience.

LateToTheParty

Lantern Swinger
I see your point, that is a bad move haha

At the time I was sold a pipe dream by my MD been there for the best part of ten years and the only things he came through on with this promotion was the salary and company car.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
The bottom line, when applying to join the Armed Forces is there's no obligation to join and as long as communications and common courtesy are maintained and observed, there's seldom an issue with regard stopping/starting an application. It only becomes an issue uf it is done repeatedly over a long period - some people have attempted to join literally half a dozen times over a decade and the truth is, they'll never join. But, they kinda like the idea.

LateToTheParty

Lantern Swinger
Phoned the AFCO this morning, everything is in date and he's happy to reactivate my application. Had to have a quick update interview and joining date/RNAC have been applied for. Could be in Raleigh by May. This is all good news, I'm not even too bothered I'm going to have to sell the 3k worth of festival tickets I've bought for the summer :D:D

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Phoned the AFCO this morning, everything is in date and he's happy to reactivate my application. Had to have a quick update interview and joining date/RNAC have been applied for. Could be in Raleigh by May. This is all good news, I'm not even too bothered I'm going to have to sell the 3k worth of festival tickets I've bought for the summer :D:D
Three thousand quid's worth of festival tickets? Are you a ticket tout or drugs pusher perchance? ;)

LateToTheParty

Lantern Swinger
Haha, if only then I wouldn't be so bothered about finding something else before putting my 6 weeks in, I just choose studitly expensive European festivals. So I'm off to one on a cruise ship in June and another in Belgium in July

It won't be an issue now I've just been informed that the allocaters don't want me until September :( means I need another medical and PJFT As they run out in August

LateToTheParty

Lantern Swinger
"if you don't ask, you don't get,"

Me and my big mouth, I'm now starting early May :eek:. Cheers for all the advice guys much appreciated:)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Have I made wrong job choice? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 27
T Originally Joining as a WTE but transferred to AET, now i am worried i made the wrong decision. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
MoD_RSS New satellite data made available to help tackle public challenges MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Treasury Direction made by the Chancellor under Sections 71 and 76 of the Coronavirus Act 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Treasury Direction made under Sections 71 and 76 of the Coronavirus Act 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Access to online counter terrorism training made easier for home users MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Criminals made to pay more to fund victim support MoD News 0
BillyNoMates Made in China Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 2
MoD_RSS Former Derbyshire drift mine made safe to protect public and environment MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New heart disease drug to be made available for NHS patients MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Welcoming the progress made by UNAMA in Afghanistan MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Suicide bereavement support to be made available across England MoD News 0
MoD_RSS How we’re MADE at BPDTS MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK-made Freddie Mercury bust £1m win for Queen charity MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Twenty three arrests made in people smuggling investigations MoD News 0
MoD_RSS History made as final fuel leaves iconic nuclear plant MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Dr Abdalla Hamdok made Prime Minister of Sudan: Troika Statement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS DVSA reveals top driving test faults made in the first year of the new test MoD News 0
vauxhall MOS - Ensuring the right payments are made to the right people Finance & Pensions 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Arrest made following Home Counties waste mountains MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New appointments made to strengthen HS2 Ltd board MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Appointments made to the Board of Kew's Royal Botanic Gardens MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: “Significant progress” made at 10 of most challenging prisons MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Probate applications made simpler and easier with online service MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Revolutionary satellite made of 'the stuff of science fiction' leaves the UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Five Reappointments made to the Science Museum Group MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Statement made by the Prime Minister: 15 November 2018 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement to Parliament: The Secretary of State for Work and Pensions has made a statement to the House today. MoD News 0
soleil Extra Seats Made Available For Army Navy Match On May 5th 2018 Sports and Adventure Training 0
BoxKickerSubs Hand made fishing rods. Sports and Adventure Training 1
J Eng 1, appointment made by RFA. Need help! RFA 17
MoD_RSS News story: Two WW1 heroes finally laid to rest 100 years after they made the ultimate... MoD News 0
A Made a mistake on medical form, declared TMU Joining the Royal Navy 11
S On Leave From HMS Raleigh And Feeling Like I've Made A Mistake Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
MoD_RSS News story: Royal Navy's newest sub test fires torpedo using £50 million UK-made advanced... MoD News 0
L Partial ACL, arthroscopy. Made PMO Health & Fitness 1
drewfester Is this true or made up Current Affairs 6
SquidlyDiddly Have I made the right choice? RFA 14
MrIndeed I made a mistake on my application. It says my height is 5cm and my weight is 0kg Diamond Lil's 31
Stirlin New RN recruiting ads...... Made in the Royal Navy. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 47
stan_the_man Mistakes your'e glad you never made - women wise Diamond Lil's 3
G Custom-made orthotics Health & Fitness 3
stan_the_man Shock horror, NHS re-employs 4000 staff recently made redundant Current Affairs 4
soleil Mail: "Female RAF Recruits Get £100k ... Because They Were Made To March Like Men" Current Affairs 92
janner This made I smile. Motoring 4
scouse History made The Fleet Air Arm 2
soleil Wirral News: "Northern RN Commander Shown Model Of HMS Daring Made In Shed" The Fleet 2
scouse Made me Laugh!! Diamond Lil's 6
Rumrat Joke that made I giggle Diamond Lil's 9
T Bootneck blagger at the Olympics...made me chuckle. The Corps 12