Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Made a mistake on medical form, declared TMU

allyballybee

Badgeman
Hi everyone, I am a typically harrassed middle aged mother of three boys, the oldest of which is in the process of applying to join the RN. He asked me to help him with dates of all the times he has fallen over and hurt himself playing rugby to put on his medical form, as I had wiped some of these from my memory bank I advised asking the receptionist at the surgery for dates of all the ones we could remember and any others that were on the system.

To cut a long story short he ended up putting the same injury, a sprained ankle, down twice as it was logged on the system last November when it happened and again in June this year, the date when the stray X-ray from November was finally logged in his records. My son didn't question this as the receptionist was a bit brusque and I assumed it was one of the minor knocks we had forgotten about.

This wouldn't be important if he hadn't received a TMU letter and now I am worrying that the ankle looks like a chronic problem rather than a one off issue from last year. Do you think he should contact his AFCO to try and clear this up or just hope it is resolved when Capita get his notes?

If you manage to read all this, Thank you!

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Best bet is to get the error corrected on his medical records. In the event it is declared a recurrent (chronic) injury in the interim & results in a medical knock-back, there are then potentially grounds to appeal.

Sumo

War Hero
allyballybee said:
I really wish I hadn't " helped" I made things worse, looking forward to him being " out of sight, out of mind".
Bit Harsh that, Mum..... LOL

That goes along with, how long are you home for, just before your grip hits the deck in front of the washing machine?

Sumo

War Hero
Still
Havremy kit bag, well almost, my son as claimed iit as his outdoor pursuits kit bag.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S On Leave From HMS Raleigh And Feeling Like I've Made A Mistake Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
MrIndeed I made a mistake on my application. It says my height is 5cm and my weight is 0kg Diamond Lil's 31
MoD_RSS Door supervisor with illegal home-made ‘licence’ sentenced to curfew MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Susan Acland-Hood made Acting Permanent Secretary at the Department for Education MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Local land charges searches made simpler and more accessible MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Political campaigning online to be made more transparent under new rules MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Councils awarded £800,000 to build on digital advances made during pandemic MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Video-witnessed wills to be made legal during coronavirus pandemic MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Treasury Direction made under Sections 71 and 76 of the Coronavirus Act 2020: Eat Out to Help Out Scheme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New satellite data made available to help tackle public challenges MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Treasury Direction made by the Chancellor under Sections 71 and 76 of the Coronavirus Act 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Treasury Direction made under Sections 71 and 76 of the Coronavirus Act 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Access to online counter terrorism training made easier for home users MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Criminals made to pay more to fund victim support MoD News 0
BillyNoMates Made in China Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 2
MoD_RSS Former Derbyshire drift mine made safe to protect public and environment MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New heart disease drug to be made available for NHS patients MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Welcoming the progress made by UNAMA in Afghanistan MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Suicide bereavement support to be made available across England MoD News 0
MoD_RSS How we’re MADE at BPDTS MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK-made Freddie Mercury bust £1m win for Queen charity MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Twenty three arrests made in people smuggling investigations MoD News 0
MoD_RSS History made as final fuel leaves iconic nuclear plant MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Dr Abdalla Hamdok made Prime Minister of Sudan: Troika Statement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS DVSA reveals top driving test faults made in the first year of the new test MoD News 0
vauxhall MOS - Ensuring the right payments are made to the right people Finance & Pensions 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Arrest made following Home Counties waste mountains MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New appointments made to strengthen HS2 Ltd board MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Appointments made to the Board of Kew's Royal Botanic Gardens MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: “Significant progress” made at 10 of most challenging prisons MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Probate applications made simpler and easier with online service MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Revolutionary satellite made of 'the stuff of science fiction' leaves the UK MoD News 0
T Originally Joining as a WTE but transferred to AET, now i am worried i made the wrong decision. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
MoD_RSS News story: Five Reappointments made to the Science Museum Group MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Statement made by the Prime Minister: 15 November 2018 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement to Parliament: The Secretary of State for Work and Pensions has made a statement to the House today. MoD News 0
soleil Extra Seats Made Available For Army Navy Match On May 5th 2018 Sports and Adventure Training 0
BoxKickerSubs Hand made fishing rods. Sports and Adventure Training 1
J Eng 1, appointment made by RFA. Need help! RFA 17
LateToTheParty Made the wrong choice, is it too late Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
MoD_RSS News story: Two WW1 heroes finally laid to rest 100 years after they made the ultimate... MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Royal Navy's newest sub test fires torpedo using £50 million UK-made advanced... MoD News 0
L Partial ACL, arthroscopy. Made PMO Health & Fitness 1
drewfester Is this true or made up Current Affairs 6
SquidlyDiddly Have I made the right choice? RFA 14
Stirlin New RN recruiting ads...... Made in the Royal Navy. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 47
stan_the_man Mistakes your'e glad you never made - women wise Diamond Lil's 3
G Custom-made orthotics Health & Fitness 3
stan_the_man Shock horror, NHS re-employs 4000 staff recently made redundant Current Affairs 4
soleil Mail: "Female RAF Recruits Get £100k ... Because They Were Made To March Like Men" Current Affairs 92