Made a mistake on medical form, declared TMU

Discussion in 'Joining the Royal Navy' started by allyballybee, Aug 24, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Tags:
  1. Hi everyone, I am a typically harrassed middle aged mother of three boys, the oldest of which is in the process of applying to join the RN. He asked me to help him with dates of all the times he has fallen over and hurt himself playing rugby to put on his medical form, as I had wiped some of these from my memory bank I advised asking the receptionist at the surgery for dates of all the ones we could remember and any others that were on the system.

To cut a long story short he ended up putting the same injury, a sprained ankle, down twice as it was logged on the system last November when it happened and again in June this year, the date when the stray X-ray from November was finally logged in his records. My son didn't question this as the receptionist was a bit brusque and I assumed it was one of the minor knocks we had forgotten about.

This wouldn't be important if he hadn't received a TMU letter and now I am worrying that the ankle looks like a chronic problem rather than a one off issue from last year. Do you think he should contact his AFCO to try and clear this up or just hope it is resolved when Capita get his notes?

If you manage to read all this, Thank you!

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Best bet is to get the error corrected on his medical records. In the event it is declared a recurrent (chronic) injury in the interim & results in a medical knock-back, there are then potentially grounds to appeal.

3. I really wish I hadn't " helped" I made things worse, looking forward to him being " out of sight, out of mind".

• Like Like x 1
  4. Trainer

Trainer War Hero Book Reviewer

Bit Harsh that, Mum..... LOL

5. allyballybee said:
    I really wish I hadn't " helped" I made things worse, looking forward to him being " out of sight, out of mind".
    That goes along with, how long are you home for, just before your grip hits the deck in front of the washing machine?

• Like Like x 1
  6. When was the last time anyone owned a grip?!:eek:

7. You don't have one?

8. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

I've still got mine.

9. I do, but I don't call it that or no one will know what I'm talking about!

10. Trainer

Trainer War Hero Book Reviewer

How many would you like? Good for making you instantly recognisable on Railway platforms coming back from Xmas leave.

• Like Like x 1
  11. You mean I don't have to hang my sailor's cap on the side?

12. Still
    Havremy kit bag, well almost, my son as claimed iit as his outdoor pursuits kit bag.