Mad Bootie Challenge

I've just received this by email from one of the organisers currently deployed on HERRICK:

Deployed Bootie said:
I'm an RM Major currently on H9. We have set up a charity event to raise money for BLESMA and Combat Stress when we get back. Whilst I'm not a RumRation member, there are loads of colleagues out here that have suggested you may be willing to put a short dit or link on your website. PLease have a look at our website and what it is trying to achieve http://www.charachallenge.com

Grateful for anything you could do. Feel free to steal any text you need straight from the website.
A bit of info from the web site:

The Chara Challenge has two elements.

It is a 30 mile race across Dartmoor on the 2nd July 2009. We are using this race as a vehicle to involve people who want to be a part of the Chara Challenge and who want to test themselves on one of the Commando tests (see the Participating page). It is also a challenge to the members of 3 Commando Brigade to raise money for the long term care of their injured comrades and their dependants. We have been through this experience together and we must help each other when we return home. The race will be conducted in boots and carrying 32 pounds in a daysack (plus safety stores). The cut-off time for completing the race is 10 hours. To finish the 30 Miler adequate preparation, a sound race strategy, high levels of physical fitness and mental endurance are essential.

We have places for 100 teams to enter the Chara Challenge which will take place on the 2nd July 2009. Thirty places are reserved for military teams and the remaining places will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis. Teams are to consist of four adults over the age of 18. The entry fee is £20 per team to cover the costs of running the event from Okehampton Battle Camp. When teams are accepted they are committing to raise £2,000 for the Chara Challenge Fund.
Sounds like a challenge and I'm sure there must be a few people out there who fancy putting in a team......

wet_blobby

War Hero
If I was still in the UK I'd consider shacking up at the "Forest Inn" for the afternoon to cheer the teams on.

C'mon jack who's up for it then? They'll even give you 10 hours to do it in.

wet_blobby said:
If I was still in the UK I'd consider shacking up at the "Forest Inn" for the afternoon to cheer the teams on.

C'mon jack who's up for it then? They'll even give you 10 hours to do it in.
If I'm not in the sh1tpit I'm up for it, anyone else?

wet_blobby

War Hero
Well there's a challenge. C'mon then lads and lasses, lets be having some brave souls to hold montys hand around the course....dont worry, NZB, XRD and Lukep will tell you how to crack the 30 miler. ( I'll give you tips how to make it easy and look good ) :wink:

wet_blobby said:
Well there's a challenge. C'mon then lads and lasses, lets be having some brave souls to hold montys hand around the course....dont worry, NZB, XRD and Lukep will tell you how to crack the 30 miler. ( I'll give you tips how to make it easy and look good ) :wink:
I might be up for it but i need to see how things pan out this end just now. Watch this space!!!

wet_blobby said:
Hold my hand? You''ll be holding my lungs which I'll have shat out of my arrse at mile 24. :pukeleft:

There's a lot of people on RR who gob off so this is an ideal opportunity to back it up with action.

Or do people just write cheques their bodies can't cash? :wink:

I'm happy to donate but as it currently takes me 30 minutes to walk 150 yards I fear my team would lose! :lol:

If a troop of booties fancy carrying me on a stretcher for 30 miles let me know. It would be the equivalent of lugging a log or a cubed foot of Uranium 238, 30 miles :lol:

Welshy

Lantern Swinger
I think I would be more of a hinderance than a help after my recent knee op..if it was after September then I would be up for it. Willing to sponsor people though.

Welshy

Lantern Swinger
Have any Rum Rationers signed up for this? Monty,you were semi keen weren't you?

All you Newbies who ask about fitness levels,this would be a good test for you+it is a great cause.

Welshy said:
Have any Rum Rationers signed up for this? Monty,you were semi keen weren't you?

All you Newbies who ask about fitness levels,this would be a good test for you+it is a great cause.
I was, however the service requires me elsewhere so unfortunatley I won't be home to do it. Shame as it will be quality.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Miscellaneous 0
F Blue Jokes 9
Lingyai Current Affairs 6