Mad Bootie Challenge

Discussion in 'Charity' started by Bad CO, Mar 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've just received this by email from one of the organisers currently deployed on HERRICK:

A bit of info from the web site:

Sounds like a challenge and I'm sure there must be a few people out there who fancy putting in a team......
  2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

If I was still in the UK I'd consider shacking up at the "Forest Inn" for the afternoon to cheer the teams on.

C'mon jack who's up for it then? They'll even give you 10 hours to do it in.
  3. If I'm not in the sh1tpit I'm up for it, anyone else?
  4. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Well there's a challenge. C'mon then lads and lasses, lets be having some brave souls to hold montys hand around the course....dont worry, NZB, XRD and Lukep will tell you how to crack the 30 miler. ( I'll give you tips how to make it easy and look good ) :wink:
  5. I might be up for it but i need to see how things pan out this end just now. Watch this space!!!
  6. Hold my hand? You''ll be holding my lungs which I'll have shat out of my arrse at mile 24. :pukeleft:

There's a lot of people on RR who gob off so this is an ideal opportunity to back it up with action.

Or do people just write cheques their bodies can't cash? :wink:
  7. Rubbish, I would but i'm not in the country! Good luck though :)
  8. Shame, you could have noshed me off at the pastie break.
  9. I'm happy to donate but as it currently takes me 30 minutes to walk 150 yards I fear my team would lose! :lol:

If a troop of booties fancy carrying me on a stretcher for 30 miles let me know. It would be the equivalent of lugging a log or a cubed foot of Uranium 238, 30 miles :lol:
  10. I think I would be more of a hinderance than a help after my recent knee op..if it was after September then I would be up for it. Willing to sponsor people though.
  11. Have any Rum Rationers signed up for this? Monty,you were semi keen weren't you?

All you Newbies who ask about fitness levels,this would be a good test for you+it is a great cause.
  12. I was, however the service requires me elsewhere so unfortunatley I won't be home to do it. Shame as it will be quality.