Machine-gun the prisoners...

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Always_a_Civvy, Oct 17, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well... welll. Narey has revealled that David Blunkett as Home Secretary panicked and ordered, seriously it appears, that prison officers and prisoners lives should be sacrificed to make him look tough, which is how I read this story in today's Times (17 Oct 06)... by sending in the pongos to quell a riot using machine guns! The mind boggles.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspaper/0,,171-2406728,00.html

2. Re: Home Secretaries...

Its quite likely that Mr Narey is doing nothing more than slinging mud back at Blunkett in order to deflect from his incompetences divulged in Mr Blunketts book...!

However machine gunning rioting prisoners and sending the army into give them a good shalacking....cant see a problem with that!!

3. Oh FGS have you never said anything in jest, that perhaps in the cold light of day could be misconstructed as very very stupid. I think it might have been an off the cuff remark especially since DB has already admitted to clinical depression which I think would have been about the same time as the remark.

I know we are not the Home Secretary and our remarks are not disected but really I think the man shows us that he is human.

4. From the sound of it, it wasn't meant in jest! You don't shout something like that angrily down the phone in jest, especially when giving instructions to a subordinate. Any RN officer who did the same would have no defence, say in the ICC, in a similar situation were his orders acted upon.

5. Who said he shouted down the phone? Mmmm, I do not believe anything I read in the papers anymore.

6. You ever did???

7. Sounds like a good plan to me.Do we have enough rounds though?

8. Ditto :D Take no prisoners men , make every round count ,

9. Great idea. Think of the cost savings.