Mac Mini

Discussion in 'Bloody Computers' started by Gombear, Apr 7, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have just purchased an Apple Mac Mini which I haven’t got up and running yet. This is because I need to buy cable adapters so I can connect my old PC monitor, keyboard and mouse.

Anyway, I just wondered if anyone else on RR has a Mac Mini and, if so, what their opinions are and if they have any advice on them.

I don’t want to start a PC vs Mac debate, as I know there is a previous thread which covers that.

2. Got the Apple Mac Mini up and running yesterday. Well, my son did actually.
    We connected the old PC monitor, keyboard and mouse and everything worked straight away without any glitches. I was really impressed.

The system is Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard and, having just come from using Windows XP, I found it pretty amazing. However, it’s years since I used a Mac (OS9) so I’m on a learning curve at the moment.

Hey! I’ve just realised that I have started and murdered a thread in just two posts.
    Does this make me a contender for Hero of the week or Cock of the week?
    :?

3. It's a safe move for Apple, too. No business that was seriously considering a Mac Pro is going to look at the Mac mini server and think: "yep, that will do the job instead." The cost of offering a slightly different version of the mini chassis is likely negligible, too, so for all intents and purposes I imagine the price difference between the top spec mini and the version with Snow Leopard Server is almost all profit in Apple's pocket - nice!