Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MA Career Progression

lumc6

Midshipman
Hi, I've searched about a lot however haven't really seen much on this topic that wasn't posted over 10 years ago and everything seems to be a bit vague so thought I'd better ask myself. I'm in the later stages of my application for Medical Assistant (just waiting for a PRNC and start date) and wondered if anyone was able to tell me anything about career opportunities within this role as I would be progressing and what I would be able to get out of it (I am very willing to put in the hard graft and get everything I can out of it)? For example, how likely is an MA to get sea time or am I likely to end up in a med bay or hospital for the duration of my time in the navy?

Any answers is appreciated! Cheers

@lumc6 - Being one of the smallest branches if no replies are forthcoming I'd humbly suggest you raise this Query at the earliest opportunity during your upcoming PRNC.

If the trainers there are on the ball you might get an opportunity to visit their Med Centre/'Sick Bay' for a fuller 'Career Opportunities Brief' from those there of that ilk.

Best of luck - Please let us know whatever info you garnish because I have a very young relative with an early interest in the possibility of applying for that very Branch.

lumc6

Midshipman
@lumc6 - Being one of the smallest branches if no replies are forthcoming I'd humbly suggest you raise this Query at the earliest opportunity during your upcoming PRNC.

If the trainers there are on the ball you might get an opportunity to visit their Med Centre/'Sick Bay' for a fuller 'Career Opportunities Brief' from those there of that ilk.

Best of luck - Please let us know whatever info you garnish because I have a very young relative with an early interest in the possibility of applying for that very Branch.
Definitely going to be asking at my PRNC as hopefully they will provide some answers. Will keep you updated on what I am told! Thank you!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M FAA Pilot career progression Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
I Medical Assistant and Mental health student nurse career timeline/progression Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
T Warfare Officer Training Pipeline & career progression Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 18
F Career Progression Current Affairs 135
I Career progression, Captain and beyond? The Fleet Air Arm 28
G Weapon Engineering Officer Career Progression Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
K Logistics Officer ( submariner) Training Pipeline and Career Progression Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
H WARFARE OFFICER - career progression after completing training Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 28
A officer career progression The Corps 0
MoD_RSS Career Insight: Kyle, Senior Lawyer, Government Legal Department MoD News 0
jrdmd Career Discussion Joining the Royal Navy 7
MoD_RSS Analysis Function Career Story: Charlotte O'Brien MoD News 0
A OR2 full career pension rates 1998 Finance & Pensions 8
MoD_RSS Veterans offered second career in Defence Science MoD News 0
0 Studied law - hated it, now want to pursue a career in engineering with the navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
MoD_RSS Career Insight: Mass, Legal Trainee, Government Legal Department MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Career fair for people with disabilities in Dashoguz MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Career Insight: Jake, Legal Trainee, National Crime Agency MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Career Insight: Chantal , Legal Trainee, Competition and Markets Authority MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Working as a part-time teacher after a career change MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Up to £35k bursary and early career payments for new teachers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS DIO shares construction career opportunities with local school MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Career Insight: Milan, Legal Trainee, Competition and Markets Authority MoD News 0
C Marine Engineer Officer Career change Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
MoD_RSS Career boost for almost half a million frontline NHS staff MoD News 0
L Joining the Navy as a Dual National and Career questions Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
C Joining as AET - Career Options The Fleet Air Arm 2
MoD_RSS News story: Career Framework MoD News 0
O LSO Career path RFA 2
MoD_RSS Speech: Career Fair for Persons with Disabilities: speech by Jemima Gordon-Duff MoD News 0
R Marine Engineering (Technician) qualifications and career path Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
D would joining the navy police be a good career choice? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
N Can political affiliations affect your career? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
D 'Career Discussion' Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
T Career change. Mechanic to Royal Navy. Thoughts? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
A Does RNR help a future RN career Joining the Royal Navy 5
S Branch/Career Advice Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 39
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp ...I have never seen anything like it in my career.” Diamond Lil's 2
MoD_RSS News story: Veterans encouraged to sign up for career transition events MoD News 0
D The career of a royal navy pilot. Joining the Royal Navy 19
K Career Transition The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 6
D How could they mess my sons Navy Career up !!! SO VERY SAD Joining the Royal Navy 21
Simon - Quest Magazine New QUEST: essential course and career information for serving and ex-Service personnel Current Affairs 0
BoatyMcBoatFace ET-(WE) career questions Joining the Royal Navy 0
W Career advisor withdrawing application = permanent ban? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
S AET future career prospects Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
S Career as a Nurse in the Navy at 27/28?... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
D Career path sea spec/mw Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
BaldRik RFA career in the event of Scottish independence?! RFA 28
P Advice on career path Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16