MA Career Progression

lumc6

Midshipman
Hi, I've searched about a lot however haven't really seen much on this topic that wasn't posted over 10 years ago and everything seems to be a bit vague so thought I'd better ask myself. I'm in the later stages of my application for Medical Assistant (just waiting for a PRNC and start date) and wondered if anyone was able to tell me anything about career opportunities within this role as I would be progressing and what I would be able to get out of it (I am very willing to put in the hard graft and get everything I can out of it)? For example, how likely is an MA to get sea time or am I likely to end up in a med bay or hospital for the duration of my time in the navy?

Any answers is appreciated! Cheers

@lumc6 - Being one of the smallest branches if no replies are forthcoming I'd humbly suggest you raise this Query at the earliest opportunity during your upcoming PRNC.

If the trainers there are on the ball you might get an opportunity to visit their Med Centre/'Sick Bay' for a fuller 'Career Opportunities Brief' from those there of that ilk.

Best of luck - Please let us know whatever info you garnish because I have a very young relative with an early interest in the possibility of applying for that very Branch.

lumc6

Midshipman
@lumc6 - Being one of the smallest branches if no replies are forthcoming I'd humbly suggest you raise this Query at the earliest opportunity during your upcoming PRNC.

If the trainers there are on the ball you might get an opportunity to visit their Med Centre/'Sick Bay' for a fuller 'Career Opportunities Brief' from those there of that ilk.

Best of luck - Please let us know whatever info you garnish because I have a very young relative with an early interest in the possibility of applying for that very Branch.
Definitely going to be asking at my PRNC as hopefully they will provide some answers. Will keep you updated on what I am told! Thank you!