Discussion in 'History' started by wompingwillow, Feb 21, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone shed any light on were a boat with this number might come from have searched google, wikipedia and the royal navy web site with out success

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

3. Ninja_Stoker

German Tender (converted minesweeper). Either Hele (ex - M135), Wacht (ex - M133), Delphin (ex - M108), Frauenlob (ex - M134) or Jagd (ex - M82).

Displacement 525tons (Jagd 500 tons), 184ft length, speed 16 knots
  4. M 133 1916 - 17 . Became tender Wacht 11th March 1928; then R-boat tender Raule 24th August 1939, then M 533 in 1940. Collision 9th May 1942.

Why are you looking anyway?
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Nah, just wanted to test your Googling prowess!
  6. Not quite as quick as yours but I'm only a couple of seconds out. I'll try harder next time! :whew:
  7. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

It's all in the wrist, apparently... :thumright:
  8. That's why I haven't replied to Shag Shackers thread - just not quick enough to keep up with the others on here
  9. thanks for that, I did find thaose pics but they look nothing like the picture I brought from the charity shop ( for a bargin price of 75p) Next time I'm in cadets I will take a picture of the picture so you can see what I mean!
  10. Just a thought, could it be a Monitor?
  11. The WWI monitor M33 (sometimes known as HMS Minerva) is in a dock in Portsmouth Naval Base close to HMS Victory. Link here.