Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Lynx Yellow Veil

Should have stuck with Wasps!! They had sod all technical. I've only about 30 hours on Lynx and that was mainly the Mk99 export version. Now I do have a Bendix AQS 18(V) manual in the loft. (But don't tell the Yanks DoD).

Can't remember if we have any Lynx bods on here?
I’m SOOOOOO reporting you!

That was my first start. There are three of us on Britmodeller who all flew Lynx. One pongo and two matelots. But none of us can remember where the spectrum analyser was fitted. Annoyingly, it's not even in the Aircrew Manual and I had release approval on that for 3 years but let it go out without!

Given your background, thought you might be interested in this. It's a modification of the very old Fujimi 1/48 kit with extensive scratchbuilding.
Nice job on that Wasp. I was aware of a 1/72 Scout with a Wasp conversion pack but as I'm still bodging my way through only my second kit. (Rye Fields 1/35 Challenger 2 TES). Scratch builds are still aways away for me. Finding the Ch2 a bit of a step up on what I was used to. I mean, individual track links!!! Just crazy.

@Wookie42 I was wondering when you went through 702? Only ask as I was the ground training instructor in Grovers building. Recognition and winching etc 91-92! Neville Gaunt would have been SOBS about then. As he and I were part of the RNTTT (Korea) before that!

Just thought I'd update everyone n progress with this. Interloper (thanks) send me a whole raft of stuff that he had acquired from the FAAM archive and through another website I managed to get in touch with my predecessor as 829 Sqn EWI who unlike me had kept his photos, So I now know not only what the set up of the spectrum analyser and control computer looks like (I had drawn in CAD 90% accurately from memory) , but more importantly I know exactly where it sits in the cabin. I shall be setting the printer off tonight and see what it comes up with. Thanks everyone for your input.

Thought I would update those who offered help with getting this information. In the end I managed to get some photos from my predecessor as EWI on 829 and armed with those was able to work out where everything went.

Thanks to everyone who helped.

Attachments

• 20231126_205001.jpg
    20231126_205001.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 20231126_204932.jpg
    20231126_204932.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 13
Thought I would update those who offered help with getting this information. In the end I managed to get some photos from my predecessor as EWI on 829 and armed with those was able to work out where everything went.

Thanks to everyone who helped.
Glad you have it sorted. Kit looks grand too. No oil leaks!!!!

Latest Threads