Lynx Mark 8 Farewell Flypast

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Trainer, Mar 17, 2017.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Trainer

Trainer War Hero Book Reviewer

Thank you very much to the 4 Ship launch of Lynx Mark 8s that has just come over the top of the Office at this top secret training facility in the Gosport area. If the intention was to salute your colleagues in the AE world, they all went weekenders at about 1000 :D

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  2. apparently bods were goofing out of the window, as they flew over the Hoe, I couldn't be bothered one paraffin parrot much the same as the next

3. I had a perfect view over Portsdown hill until 5 mins before the flypast, when work required me to be elsewhere :-(

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Seems a peculiar time to pick for a flypast.

5. Someone thought of a way to get WAFU's turned too on a Friday:)

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. You couldn't be arsed!!!!
    Neither could I and I'm an Wafu!!!!
    Couldn't be arsed either!!!! (And I'm an ex Woo).
    Hated the things - they defined helicopters - umpteen thousands of rivets all shaking themselves to bits!!!!!

7. Helicopter definition.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. The Lynx was the last aircraft I worked on, magnificent aircraft but I did not like small ships flights. Far too much work for a WAFU.
    Now the Buccaneer was my favorite, give me fixed wing and squadron life anytime.:)
    No early chops or clicky beds on a ships flight:(

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Wasp flights did!!!!!:p

• Like Like x 1
  10. Unfortunately for the maintainers the Lynx was an ALL weather helo capable of flying at night, I think wasp flights must have been wonderful for the ground crew, especially as PORELs did not go anywhere near wasps.;)

11. I always find it best to leave Wasps, Bees and other stingy flying things well alone:rolleyes:

12. Levers_Aligned

Levers_Aligned War Hero Moderator

Strange. When the flypast passed over RNAESS, Sultan's parade ground was packed with baby woos, resplendent in their foulies and caps paying their respects. It was quite touching.

Bye-bye Lynx. I have perilously hung out of the door to film a Seadart shoot, rapid roped from, done boarding party from and flown at breathtakingly high speed in between ice-floes and bergs in Antartcica in the left hand seat in one.

Quality piece of kit. But then again, I'm a clanky.

Levers

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Went up in a Lynx with the mad b£$%^&d who 'got lost' and flew the Sea King to Chile during Corporate.

Interesting view of the inside of the funnels on a 21 from about 200 ft. I was sat in the back looking forward through the windscreen with the nose pointed straight down.

Good bloke though!

14. I think of all the times I flew in the 'lowly' Wasp in crap weather, well below minima. Oh How I envy you hardy Lynx chaps. My 470 night hours in the Wasp must have been a mere figment!!!!

Too late to hand back the flight nutty now. LOL

15. That's what you had flight deck lights for, if you can call a tribal's table tennis area a flight deck.

16. Hey, best years of my life were getting back on board Tribals. Ashanti and Tartar. If you can land on a Tribal the rest are carriers!!!!!

17. Unfortunately we had a pilot join Ghurka who had missed a Leander flight deck, skipper had him practice take of and landings lots, so lots or turn too for the FU's
    https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&iss=VS&imgurl=http://www.directart.co.uk/bmall/images/mpl2923.jpg&mid=5D3F4E2B118CF27626E30163BA8181C802B3CBB3&ccid=RjoHP5Ns&simid=608031142740821477&exph=501&expw=800&first=1&cal=0&cat=0.11227652367125167&car=0.9980482991536458&cab=0.9238483347791306

With a wasp on top of flight deck

18. Levers_Aligned

Levers_Aligned War Hero Moderator

Ayo Ghurkali!

I paid that ******* ship off.

Levers

19. Miss and your buggered!! 31-01-2005 09.jpg

20. My last ship. I always thought they were a masterpiece of design (not).