Luther... V POOR!

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by labrum, May 11, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Have this b~llox on my screen (BBC1), shockingly bad

Terry, the psycho, is "ex Royal Marines ex Forty Six Commando", "came back from Afghanistan and the ARMY left him high and dry"

In his phot (blues) the band on his peak cap had ridden up to half way between the peak and the cap badge!

He now is doing a piece to camera "I am Owen Lynch, ex -Forty Six Commandos Royal Marines"

Question, what will David Cameron do about this...!???
  2. Fleet Airarm? :D
  3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Without breaching OPSEC, I understand 46 Cdo RM, an honourable unit with much Counter-Terrorism experience on domestic and foreign territory, was disbanded in the 1970s but, owing to overseas committments at the time, was reinstated and renamed the STC Branch in 2001 - obviously the BBC Research Department was not aware of this, and used the old name. I'm sure MLP will be along shortly to corroborate this... :wink:
  4. Please excuse thread drift, but the Royal Marines/Army thing cropped up the other day.

I was waiting for my dental appointment last Friday lunchtime, and had the misfortune to be sat opposite a loud and retarded local who was letting the whole surgery know that 'it should have been UKIP or BNP'.

Splendid idea when two of the dentists are Polish.

He continued by shouting his service career at the guy sat next to him, and making sure that everyone knew he 'used to be in the Parachute Regiment, and most of his fights were against Royal Marines rather than 'the enemy''. He followed this wonderful revelation with the comment that 'we've hated each other for two hundred years'. That'll be the Balloon Jumping 52nd Regiment formed soon after Austerlitz then you dribbling mong?

He then expressed his surprise that as both were in the 'same army' it was a bit odd.

And no, I didn't comment. I'm a chicken.
  5. Sgt. You have a P.M reference your breach of PERSEC rules. No mention should be made on R.R about STC or Forty Six Commando and what they are doing in sandy places at this time.

You have been warned!!!
  6. sgtpepperband

Roger that - sorry... :oops:
  7. Jesus 46 Cdo, the very mention of it brings me out in a cold sweat.
    Even Zulu Coy old sweats used to tremble if threatened with a draft due to over use of the Deepheat broomhandle on fresh from the factory newcomers.
    Start every day with a 10 miler, last man in beasted for the rest of the day by the Provo Sgt 'Gorbals' McI&&@$, daily kit musters and COs Rounds and Stand Easy was literally Stand Easy for 10 Minutes during the two drill sessions taken by Ex First Drill and Corps legend WO1 'God' WI##!@$$.
    We had a bloke in Yankee 45 who managed to get out on the yearly draft lottery and he said it was like an SS Penal Battalion. Thousand yard stare the lot.
    Gen dit Eyebrows etc.
  8. I would say that its changed somewhat these days mate. The lads are apparently encouraged to grow beards and mooch around looking ally whist still acting the grey man with their U.S uniform and Diemaco weopons.

I cant say any more than that for reasons of PERSEC
  9. Aggghhhh How do you delete posts on here!!!!
    The PERSEC Police will be round if I don't get it............
  10. sgtpepperband

Hmm, I can't delete mine either, once someone's quoted it... :cry:

However, back on thread... did you notice during the Police interview with Owen Lynch, he gave his name, rank and number incorrectly? He used a seven-digit Army number (2533xxx), rather than an an eight-digit P0xxxxxx one?

11. You spotter..! (yes I did notice too :oops: )

12. :D :banghead:
  13. 'Stringer' Bell joins the 5-O? Shurely shome mishtake!
  14. I dont think the Corps has P.O numbers anymore mate. As far as I know they start with 3 like Perce!!
  15. on a slight tangent -

that nutty ginger bird is feckin divs-

may be as mad as a box of frogs but would certainly buy her a rohipnol induced blue wicked at tigertiger.

lucky bitch
  16. sgtpepperband

Actually, Lynch identified himself as a Sgt RM. Now, given the time it takes for someone to become a RM SNCO (and his previous military service given in the programme), I would like to assume he joined up pre-JPA and thus would have used his P0-number. However, to use your example, RN and RM personnel who join up now are given a 300xxxxx number. The 25xxxxxx series was issued to Army personnel only... :wink:
  17. I currently hold a 301 number. My army number was 247 and my RMR number was P995.......

Work that out!!! 8)