Lusty not well

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Lamri, Feb 9, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. FFS! Did she have to come up with such a sorry statement: "A Royal Navy spokeswoman said the visit to Portland was planned despite the latest mechanical problems preventing the vessel returning to sea" ? :w00t:
  2. Tell me about it!
    I feel sorry for the ME's trying to fix it, probably screaming out for parts for a bit of kit that isn't made any more :(
  3. the_matelot

the_matelot War Hero Moderator

Just wait and see how more often this will happen before CVF comes into service!
  4. Or. more likely, not affordable. Not too many "bits of kit" as you describe them are never available. most bits of kit can be made to order--But at a cost. The MOD no longer has that sort of money available. They are currently engaged in a number of litigious actions that might well cost them dearly. Illustrious and other major naval units in need of that "bit of kit", sadly, will have to wait.
  5. i join her in July :(
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Would that be the Christmas Island compensation claims perchance, or the cost of researching hundreds of FOI requests from one individual?
  7. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I 'might' be joining later this year or early 09 (unconfirmed)... :wink:
  8. How many Cat A1 OPDEFs can you have before a major deployment?
  9. The grey water seps are a relatively new bit of kit, and should be well supported. Too much pissing up in harbour if you ask me!
  10. She got that wrong, that should read - remove water from oil before it's returned to the sump.
    She would have been right under any other government.
  11. I had those oily water seps on my part of ship on the Ark, they are a nightmare. Salvage eductors are so much easier :thumright:
  12. JC our Steering gear is a "Relatively New" bit of kit and is no longer properly supported ;)
    A relay I ordered in 2005 won't arrive at the ship until THREE YEARS after I go outside!
  13. [/quote]

She got that wrong, that should read - remove water from oil before it's returned to the sump.
    She would have been right under any other government.[/quote]

what do you mean, the water go's over the side and the oil into a tank for disposal alongside
  14. Nah - not in todays navy.

Didn't you ever wonder why store ship brought on all those coffee filters, did you ever actually got to drink any filtered coffee?
  15. my first 'big' ship since Newcastle in '93

Looks like i will be the NSTN queen :) :hockey:
  16. It's like everything else about this country - cheap junk.
  17. So kit that's been running for over 3 years has started to go U/S! Anybody out there in MESH IPT able to comment on whether these items are CLS?
  18. IIRC, during Ark's refit the oily water seps didn't get looked at. Not too deeply anyway.