Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by wet_blobby, Jun 6, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

There seems to be a dedicated amount of lurkers on RR. They all seem to have signed on but then have bugger all to say.....why?

I have been on here many a time, looked on the "who's on" bit at the bottom of the page, seen 30 odd names and realised out off that lot there is only about 6 who post.

Whats that all about? we have serial lurkers who just log on and watch, why? you can do that as a visitor. I make posts, why dont you?

The same old names come up as lurking, christ they should know us by now, come on fellas, get involved.
  2. I totally agree WB. Same as the chatroom. Why log on, if your not going to chat??

It's the heavy breathers who annoy me most though... :rambo:
  3. And at this very moment there are 18 visitors :whew:
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

16 logged on- 6 never heard a peep out of.
  5. wet_blobby

Yeah, I'm with you there mate, people log into the chat room, say fcuk all and leave half an hour later.......did I not give out my mobile number fast enough or something?....patiance is a virtue....and hard to spell
  6. Let me help you out sweetums-it's patience. I know spelling and booties don't mix do they?

7. I could be classed as a Lurker as often read some of the threads, sometimes give an input others i just read, and leave no comment rather than making an ass out of myself :LOL:

Honestly can't say that i've noticed, I don't really use the front page anymore since der management decided that not all posts/threads would be shown there ;)
  9. Howdy.
  10. I am definitely a happy lurker, why post when others have made your point sufficiently well or already asked the question that you want to know the answer to?

I leave a few words on here when I feel strongly about something, otherwise I am happy to sit back and watch the usual suspects vent their spleens!
  11. Ninja_Stoker

Ok guys, before we get too tied-up on "Lurkers" perhaps I'd better explain the Marine Engineers' version of a lurker.

Lurker [lur-kah] (Noun)

A large piece of excrement which refuses to be flushed down the pan due to its' inherent rigidity & calibre.

Often found onboard HM warships, blocking sewerage treatment plant grease filters. Can only be removed manually.

12. Argh! NO! I'll make myself known i Promise...

I make an effort now and then, sometimes especially the last week or so I've just been reading past threads rather than creating ones for some of the information i was looking for in prep for my interview, now I'm more here to post and look at current topic and help other were i can. :)

P.S - I ain't that type of lurker NS
  13. I definitely wouldn't describe myself as happy about being that sort of lurker (or the poor sod who has to go fishing for them)

14. wet_blobby

There are a lot (40 ish) posters on RR, I think they're all great, some chiding, some encouraging, some contreversal, some reasoning, some sensible, some enlightning, some aloof, some gutter, some shy,some brass, some far out, some right, some wrong, some good and some bad, but all are willing to be helpfull if help is needed.

P.s...there's some that cant spell right.
  15. Ninja_Stoker

As a frequent fisher of the type I mentioned, I'd suggest that you're not that type of lurker. My best, so far, was a 12 pounder.

However if anyone would like to see my collection......
  16. You obviously can't keep a good lurker down.

(Damn! Was that me? I was trying to lie low for a change.)
  17. wet_blobby

we all know who post and who dont,

I re-itaratre, I like them all, and dont want to fall out with anyone.

so lets name a lurker:

I'll keep stum.
  18. wet_blobby

for at least 10 hours
  19. I lurk quite a bit but that's coz I've normally got fcuk all to say....oh and I can't spell very well o_O
  20. LOL. No you won't!!

Who's going to be first then? Could name a couple meself WB!