Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Lump Sum Payment Date Timescale?

Afternoon Shipmates,

Recently left the RN after 22 years service on AFPS 75/15 as a Chief.

Wondering when previous leavers received their lump sum payments?

I’ve been told they have a 30 day (window) to pay… but in reality what is it?

Many thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Afternoon Shipmates,

Recently left the Andrew after 22 years service on AFPS 75/15 as a Chief.

Wondering when previous leavers received their lump sum payments?

I’ve been told they have a 30 day (window) to pay… but in reality what is it?

Many thanks in advance!
30 working days (6 weeks). Never known anyone to wait that long. The reality is just check your bank account on a daily basis.

I recall a pension forecast and lump sum figure but this was 14 years ago and I can't remember all the details.

Thanks for the rapid response! Seems this is the way, random how they don’t give you an exact date.

Did they send a letter beforehand?
It all depends upon where, in relation to your final pay run, your discharge occurs. As AFPS 15 relies on 1/47th of your pensionable pay as the basis for its calculations, they need those final figures in order to work out your entitlement. Hence 30 working days.

It all depends upon where, in relation to your final pay run, your discharge occurs. As AFPS 15 relies on 1/47th of your pensionable pay as the basis for its calculations, they need those final figures in order to work out your entitlement. Hence 30 working days.
Thanks, I just find it strange how they can’t give assurances beforehand. I guess I’ll just wait and see.

Sounds good… I think the equiniti paymaster still run AF pensions and they dictate when the pension date is etc
My pension day is the 3rd of the month, same as my birthday. I always thought your birthday was pension day, as i was born on the 3rd of the month that's when it gets paid, or is it just a coincidence?

Latest Threads