Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LUCKY, UNLUCKY, OR PLAIN STUPID.

seenoffteefcuk

War Hero
While walking home from work last night i decided in the interest of safety and personel embarrassment to walk on the road(ice on pavement).
After about 5 steps i heard a beep and the was hit by a bus wich eventually stopped about 8ft in front of me after i stopped spinning round.
no one got hurt but i am now asking was i
a)LUCKY that i didnt get hurt.
b) UNLUCKY by getting hit by a bus.
c) FCUKING STUPID for walking on the road at busy time of day.

seenoffteefcuk said:
While walking home from work last night i decided in the interest of safety and personel embarrassment to walk on the road(ice on pavement).
After about 5 steps i heard a beep and the was hit by a bus wich eventually stopped about 8ft in front of me after i stopped spinning round.
no one got hurt but i am now asking was i
a)LUCKY that i didnt get hurt.
b) UNLUCKY by getting hit by a bus.
c) FCUKING STUPID for walking on the road at busy time of day.

The answer has to be C.

Drakey

War Hero
All of the above.
You should have gone to the pub and stayed there or not gone to work in the first place.

Nope, the bus driver was wrong..beats me rigid the lack of concern for peds. in the UK.
Which probably goes a long way to explaining why we have the 2nd hightest pedestrian casualty rate in the EU.
Walk in the road and make the fuckers slow down.

R077

MIA
a)LUCKY that he didn't reverse to make sure.
b) UNLUCKY that you didn't have skates on and therefore didn't get propelled home.
c) FCUKING STUPID for walking when we invented wheels for that :thumbleft:

Forgive the bone question but why didn’t you see the bus? At a guess, I presume you did what the natives do here in Westoland; walked with your back to the traffic. To completely match our natives, you would also wear clothes that ensure that you blend in with the scenery. There are a few round here who are very fortunate not to have truly blended with the scenery.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
frogman007 One lucky chef The Quarterdeck 2
C Form an orderly queue you lucky bitches Diamond Lil's 37
S Lucky Punter? Current Affairs 0
soleil Grough: "Climber 'Lucky To Be Alive' After 1,000ft Fall" The Fleet Air Arm 8
BillyNoMates I should be so lucky. Diamond Lil's 16
scouse Lucky HMS Rorqual!!! Submariners 4
soleil Liverpool Echo: "Lucky Escape For Drunk Who Fell Into Dock" Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 3
soleil HMS Kent: Lucky football fans won't miss World Cup after all The Fleet 1
soleil Sun (Scot): "The Navy Blues" - Lucky Lusty Crew visit Ibrox The Fleet 2
wet_blobby one F*****G lucky ex booty Diamond Lil's 2
Rodgersthecabinboy Where was the oddest place you ever got lucky? Diamond Lil's 77
F Lucky b**gers....move to Oz anyone? International 23
S Feeling lucky? The Gash Barge 0
The_Jimmy Lucky Beachcomber? Current Affairs 1
5dits One lucky PO Current Affairs 10
N Lucky warm Pussy Diamond Lil's 14
SILVER_FOX LUCKY TO BE ALIVE Current Affairs 3
toycommandos Lucky Escape! Current Affairs 2
wet_blobby Lucky [email][email protected][/email]ols not what it used to be Diamond Lil's 5
N Think yourselves lucky Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
brazenhussy How lucky???!!!! The Quarterdeck 1
chockhead819 Lucky barsteward Diamond Lil's 1
S Unlucky Morning! The Gash Barge 2
F unlucky for the french police Diamond Lil's 0
C unlucky to my mate haha Diamond Lil's 15
The_Jimmy Unlucky or wot? Current Affairs 5
scouse triskaidekaphobia or unlucky for some 13 The Fleet Air Arm 10
angry_mac AND it starts, unlucky Campbeltown! Current Affairs 22
slim How unlucky are you? Diamond Lil's 14
MoD_RSS Science enables soldiers and aircrew to partner with smart machines on Salisbury Plain MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Protecting the future of ash trees on Salisbury Plain MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New equipment helps crack down on illegal activity on Salisbury Plain MoD News 0
dapperdunn Snakes on a plain Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 2
MoD_RSS News story: New signs on Salisbury Plain aim to protect precious environment MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Salisbury Plain urban training facility upgrades praised MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Improvements to urban training on Salisbury Plain MoD News 0
Capn_Pugwash Pointless signs - meaningless, daft or just plain nonsense Diamond Lil's 1924
Q Julia Gillard Australia's PM does some plain speaking The Gash Barge 58
brazenhussy Just plain p1ssed orf!! Diamond Lil's 15