Lt-Lt Cdr Promotion signal

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by boredwafu, Feb 27, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anybody know when this is released, am out of the Country atm and out of the loop completely.

Thanks

BW

2. the_matelot

the_matelot War Hero Moderator

Guys,

Before anyone does so, DO NOT post the details on here. If anyone is feeling in a particularly kind mood, then PM the details to Boredwafu instead! :thumright:

3. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

I would like to say it will be full of all the PWO Lts but I know it will not. You now have the situation on some T23 where both PWOs (one is the HOD) are Lt's. Thats right the same rank as the brand new OOW.

I have a plan.

You join as a Cadet
    Finish 1st part of BRNC
    Midshipman until passing Fleetboard
    Sub Lt till passing a professional point ie BWC or Wings
    Lt until Charge Course (PWO/Logs/Eng etc)

Pay scales de-latched and run on a separate scale.

Would it work? Who knows.

Rant over.

4. Sorry, should have said that myself :thanks:

5. Sent you a PM

6. annnnnnnnnnd shhhhhhhhhhh!!

7. You may now understand how some of us 'Lower deckers' felt when we were continuously passed over for CPO or WO whilst we watched others less able get promoted.

Bummer ain't it? :)

8. Moderator Mode

Please nobody tell Norma or any of his alter egos if Pusser get anymore two and half ringers. He will go ape shite.

Nutty

9. Choose your branch, ......... you know the rest.

If you'd tried harder at school....

(retires to a safe distance and hides behind a stack of blankets)

10. Good luck to all those in zone!

11. I have thought that way for a while, but it will never happen as it makes sense!

12. It always comes out with COs eyes only not for release until 0900 the day after and nothing came out today.

13. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Don't worry - I've seen it (you're not on it!) :thumright:

14. Can't beat the perks of being a communicator sometimes. ;-)

15. the_matelot

the_matelot War Hero Moderator

If I am correct, I'd just like to say congratulations to Boredwafu for being on the signal that has just come out-I've PM'd him a copy of it.

16. Used to happen anyway, but it's probably a lot more visible now at Lt since the demise of the General List.

Couple of my units used to have Feast of the Passover dinners the night the signal came out.

17. Must agree with Brigham's comment on this subject. As one who sweated on the CPO's signal, then again from Lt to Lt Cdr as as SD, whilst the GL's sailed through automatically made life a tad hard to bear at times!! There were lots of particularly bright and talented GL Lt's who were clearly streets ahead of me; equally there were some bone idle and incompetent toe rags whom I knew I could buy and sell but were nevertheless promoted automatically purely on the basis of their education as a teenager! Not that I am entirely certain that the present system is fairer as a promotion report is only as good or honest as the person compiling it.

18. The basis of the old automatic promotion to LtCdr was not ones education as a teenager, tather that by completing the training laid down by the navy, some 4 years for me you had demstrated your entitlement to that magic half stripe, and the time from completion of training to getting it depended on how well you had done over those four years. Yes I know there were ******* amongst us, there are in any group, but I was surprised how some turnred out when I went to reunions, some it seemed just took a bit longer to mature. Mind you I do think some account does need to be taken of how you actually perform in the fleet.

19. Thanks, but not for promotion, but instead they have made my flying pay pensionable - cheers pusser :thumright:

20. Could you send me a PM pse? :farao:
    26 years in and a Lieutenant Commander already - flying!