Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lt Commander Busted by Sun for selling his uniform on ebay

oberon

Lantern Swinger
I've bought a few bits of Navy kit from eBay. Officers caps, cap tallies and Dinner jackets spring to mind for photoshoots. Use my old No1s for photoshoots as well.

BoxKickerSubs

Lantern Swinger
Re: Lt Commander Busted by Sun for selling his uniform on eb

whitemouse said:
BoxKickerSubs said:
Jenny_Dabber said:
I know when I left, I had to hand in my No1's, DMS boots, 2 pairs of 4's and my 5's.

Do officers have the same ruling on this if so, I think this my just be a bite!

Or is my logical thinking off tracks??

The only bit of kit that is required to be handed back to Naval Stores (SLOPS) on leaving the service is your AGR. All the other stuff is disposed of due to H+S regs (skin complaints ect).

It used to be that all JR/SR uniform items, plus any loan items (AGR, Flight Kitbag, Steaming bats etc) was returned if you had done less than 22 years. ( Unless you were a Dusty and didn't return anything usually ;) )

As I now understand, from posts on other threads, all kit is issued on a 141 basis, does this not mean that all kit is only loaned (and therefore must still belong to Pusser) should be returned ?

Yes you are right especialy about the Dusty bit, but it costs so it gets disposed of. Some gets sent to the cadet units some gets destroyed. Its not a great system but its what they have in place.

wave_dodger

MIA
Book Reviewer

Chaz said:
bluebellsrblue said:
I wouldn't get out af bed for £50K a year!! :thumright: :thumright:

A Lt Cdr earns less than a Chief Submariner. What an incentive to sell your birthright.

Bet you would for his pension though!

All, depends if you're a Lt Cdr with SP too, doesn't it - smart arse. Wonder what your first salary out fo the mob will be? Unless your exceptionally lucky it will exceptionally lower than £50k - start saving that SP.

wave_dodger said:
Chaz said:
bluebellsrblue said:
I wouldn't get out af bed for £50K a year!! :thumright: :thumright:

A Lt Cdr earns less than a Chief Submariner. What an incentive to sell your birthright.

Bet you would for his pension though!

All, depends if you're a Lt Cdr with SP too, doesn't it - smart arse. Wonder what your first salary out fo the mob will be? Unless your exceptionally lucky it will exceptionally lower than £50k - start saving that SP.

If you're a Lt Cdr on SP(SM) and Nuclear Pay you wouldn't get out of bed for £50k a year :thumright:

SELJUK

War Hero

Bouillabaisse said:
Try typing in "SAS" to the Ebay search and see what comes up. Its a standing joke on Arrse that anything and everything the pongoes have surplus is chucked on there with SAS -issue. Any Sun journos out there want to buy from me? I've got a fouly jacket somewhere, my old beret and some rank slides. £150 sounds like a good price.

The real shame is that some scum journo didn't try to just walk in wearing the kit. I'm quite like to see the headlines when MOD Plod shot him.
The Sun journalist would have stood out a mile what with tits hanging out and all!

SELJUK

War Hero

Does anybody want my kit bag by the way. It's in the loft and has been for a while now! It's pining for the fjords!

lukep

War Hero

without giving Osama and pals the wrong impression about base security, I spent most of my career getting back on board with nothing more than a swish pair of civvies (kebab stains and sambuca down the front) A minging grid and the Condor wave. Hardly ever showed my ID card.

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Lukep: Recognition is the best form of security. And anyone dumb enough to return on board Condor in your civvies, with just a kebab for company (i.e. 'did not trap!'), is obvously a Royal. 'Nuff said!

:lol:

lukep

War Hero

Sorry did i say kebab? I meant sun newspaper and a pint of milk! Never once did i have to suffer the plums garage meal for one..... Stacks me.....

TerryB

Badgeman

Just read this thread and found some of the comments quite amusing and somewhat puzzling.
I was commissioned as an SD in 1963 and bought my uniform (with the uniform allowance). Didn't have to hand any of it back when I took early retirement in 1976. Kept it all just in case I was called back for any reason. When you managed to liberate the Falklands without me I felt able to dispose of most of it.My stepson then aged 7 wanted an overcoat so my then wife converted my old style officers greatcoat into one for a 7 year. Although I was only a 2 ringer (a Junior officer) there was enough gold braid to put Admiral of the Fleet stripes on both sleeves. To the best of my knowledge he never tried to enter any government establishments. The coat was then passed to my other son and was eventually passed to a junior school for dressing up play.
However when I was at Faslane in the early seventies a chum of mine entered there every working day for the best part of a year with a picture of a gorilla on his ID card.
Another time again in the 70s when I was visiting Dolphhin quite regularly I would just get saluted as I drove in and never had my ID card checked, even as I was learning russian at the time and beside having tthe car player spouting in russian, the russian alphabet all over the windscreed in lettraset as an aide memoir and I was usually wearing sunglasses..
Still have my flying suit as I used it to wear when gliding and kept my sword which is over the mantlepiece in my office. I was amazed to find out a couple of years ago that Gieves were charging best part of 2 grand for one. Although they were optional I lashed out and bought mine new for under £30 with a belt as well.
Hell I don't feel as old as that makes me sound. I'm still a yoof at heart :angel12:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Lt Commander M.R.Todd - Private Memoir Submariners 10
MoD_RSS Commander Strategic Command Commendations MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Lebanese Army Commander ends two-day visit to the UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Flexible Service: Lieutenant Commander Becky Everest MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Home Secretary appoints small boat commander MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Commander Strategic Command, General Sir Patrick Sanders’ Speech at the Air and Space Power Conference MoD News 0
soleil FB: Reserves Day 2020 - Commodore Melanie Robinson ADC, Commander of the Maritime Reserves Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 2
soleil Tw: Commander Maritime Reserves - Royal Naval Reserves & Royal Marines Reserve Survey 2020 Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 0
soleil FB: The Sun's Military Awards - Best Reservist - Winner - Lieutenant Commander Tracy MacSephney Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 3
soleil RN Website: "New Commander Of Maritime Reserves Assumes Command" Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 16
MoD_RSS Strategic Command welcome new Deputy Commander MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Iran: UK responds to US airstrike on military commander in Iraq MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: NATO appoints UK Officer Deputy Supreme Allied Commander Europe MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Exceptional work recognised by Commander JFC MoD News 0
JamesH "Commander Speaking!" History 1
MoD_RSS News story: RAF Engineer becomes first ever UK female military three-star Commander MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Commander JFC awards outstanding individuals MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Commander JFC commendations awarded to outstanding individuals MoD News 0
vauxhall The late Commander Keith Evans Finance & Pensions 0
MoD_RSS News story: Commander JFC Twitter Q and A MoD News 1
soleil Telegraph: "Commander Ken Frewer, Submariner – Obituary" Submariners 1
MoD_RSS Press release: Ambassador to Lebanon meets Lebanese Armed Forces Commander MoD News 0
Simon - Quest Magazine Charterhouse - CCF Contingent Commander & Teacher of History The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
sweetpea Commander Chris Gobey. The Fleet 0
soleil Mirror: "Sub Hunting With First Female Commander Of Major Royal Navy Warship" The Fleet 20
soleil Herald: "Navy Man Ian's Commendation From Fleet Commander" The Fleet 0
soleil Expr: "'Cold War Cat And Mouse Games Put Us On Red Alert,' Says Submarine Commander Submariners 21
MoD_RSS News story: New commander for Joint Forces Command MoD News 4
soleil Dorset Echo: "Royal Naval Commander Sails Into Home Port" SCC and URNU 0
soleil Telegraph: "Meet The Commander Giving The Royal Navy A Female Touch" The Fleet 65
MoD_RSS News story: First female RAF search and rescue commander MoD News 0
soleil The National: "Pirates On The Back Foot, Says UK Royal Navy Commander" Current Affairs 0
MoD_RSS News story: Top Afghan commander helps prepare UK forces for deployment MoD News 0
scouse Commander Tony Shaw The Fleet Air Arm 1
soleil Echo: Lieutenant Commander Ian Molyneux Posthumously Honoured At Buckingham Palace Submariners 1
soleil Wirral News: "Northern RN Commander Shown Model Of HMS Daring Made In Shed" The Fleet 2
soleil Pompey News: "Portsmouth Naval Base Commander Steps Down After Just One Year In Role" Bases / Shore Est 2
soleil ITV: "Harry Welcomed To Camp Bastion By Commander" The Fleet Air Arm 0
soleil Guardian: "Commander: The Life And Exploits Of Britain's Greatest Frigate Commander" History 1
soleil "Famous Yachtswoman Honorary Commander Dee Caffari Inspects HMS Sultan Sailors" Bases / Shore Est 0
P Lieutenant Commander Arthur Edward Kitchener Green RNVR History 21
Ageing_Gracefully Book competition - Company Commander Competitions 12
tentoes Master and Commander documentary History 6
soleil Western Morning News: "Commander Takes Charge At HMS Raleigh" Bases / Shore Est 0
soleil Mirror: "Aircraft Carrier Cuts Leave Falklands Vulnerable, Says Commander Of '82 War" The Fleet 4
soleil BBC: "HMS Victory Gets 100th Commander" Bases / Shore Est 3
MoD_RSS ISAF Commander visits British troops in Afghanistan Current Affairs 0
soleil Helensburgh Advertiser: "The Remarkable Career Of Commander Ian Riches" Submariners 0
soleil Inverness Courier: "Naval Commander Visits Home Port Of Inverness" SCC and URNU 0
soleil Mail: Commander John Muxworthy On HMS Invincible & 1SL's Recent Briefing The Fleet 3