Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lt Commander Busted by Sun for selling his uniform on ebay

fido

MIA
Re: Lt Commander Busted by Sun for selling his uniform on eb

Nutty said:
As for the SUN as normal "WALOB"

Even in the sixties you needed a crappy ID card to get into a base. All Officers had theirs closley examined even the Captain of Dolphin just because we could without them complaining. If they did not like it then they took you off main gate duties, what a great result.

Any item of pussers kit is freely available so who cares if a 2.5 get a few quid more.

On discharge I handed Jack Dusty 200 DF's he stamped all my cards. So it cost me 11 old shillings cost of 200 Rothmans in the early 70's for Steaming Boots, two submarine sweaters, two pairs of white stockings, foul weather jacket, rigging knife, spike, belt and holster etc. Respirator long lost as was other skimmer type items. SORTED

Then again what TYPE OF PERSON reads the Sun to even comment on this type of crap. Perhaps a crap person like the paper.

Totally agree Nutty, I left as a SD Lt Cdr some 15 years and nobody, but nobody wanted any of my kit back (including my AGR) it was totally shagged after 25 years. (funnily, they didn't want my fore and aft rig back when I was commissioned - except for my sheets!) I still have my sword however, - it cost me £95.00 new and is currently worth around £600.00 second hand.

Anybody in the market for a second hand pay book and ID card?

fido
Nutty

chieftiff

War Hero

It's amazing that a "newspaper" which spends half it's time proclaiming to support "our boys" has a readership at all. Peddling shite like this only reflects on the pratts that buy it, if you are willing to fork out to read crap, expect crap, nothing else.

Proclaiming to the world that you subscribe to their form of twisted, exploitive drivel is just stupidity beyond belief. The kits his, he doesn't need or want it anymore so he sold it on E-Bay, The Scum are going to be busy aren't they " Ex-driver sells car!!" "man with new phone sells old one!"

Bloody pathetic!

Edited to add: If you want to read some real news about the armed forces, which will probably get a small paragraph in your favourite rag follow this link, these guys deserve your attention. I don't see any Scum journalists following them!!

http://www.armyoneverest.mod.uk/

brigham600

War Hero

RG_Mcoll - You call a Lt Cdr a senior officer. Get a life man, he is a mere sprog in the grand scheme of things.

Now a CPO, that is a different matter altogether. ;-)

Oh, and as someone has already correctly stated. You are able to purchase Naval uniform bits at most retailers including surplus stores a plenty.

More of 'The sensational Sun' claptrap which as newspapers go makes a darn good arse wipeing rag.

Bisley

War Hero

whitemouse said:
I always thought that Foul Weather gear was Personal loan items ?
it was certainly that way when I served as a Dusty.
Is F/W clothing now issued as part of kit ?

I was in Chatham when a certain Mod Plod Sergeant caught a jack carrying a bag with F/W gear with the labels cut out and he had a field day stopping all jacks travelling between Chatham yard and Pembroke and checking bags and jackets etc.

One of his plods also tried to do me with sheets & pillowcases being taken home for dhobeying - couldn't accept that we were issued as part of kit in those days ??!

As for 2 1/2's and sense - We had one (Gunnery Officer - what else?) who bullied the clothing dusty into giving him some shoulder boards 'on loan' - Father S read him his 264's sharpish !

With reference to personal loan items the jack dusty's are mostly civvies now in stores in shore establishments,( the few we have that is!!) so all they do if they can bothered is stick it in your kit record book. Saves hassle for them. Bless them

Father_Famine

Lantern Swinger

Hi,

I don't see that the 2 !/2 has done anything wrong, I am sure that orficers have to buy their own kit after their initial issue.

I had to keep everything after doing 22 but, that was beccause of reserve liability, I suppose if you were liable for reserve service and flogged your kit then were called up you could get done but, I doubt it would be that serious.

Good luck to him I say, anyone want a CPO Caterers No 1 uniform, it'll never fit me again. :oops:

PompeySailor

Lantern Swinger

This thread was also posted on ARRSE - the Mods junked it because it's a non-story.

Right, who wants to buy a computerised pay system. Works well as long as you only have 25 employees.

TheCommunicator

Lantern Swinger

Never mind uniforms, I want one of these Top Secret cases!!!!

Have a look at Ebay item number: 6624061624

And there was me thinking it was tool boxes we had in the CCR

Yes it is quite amazing what you can find on Ebay, one wonders why the Sun picked on that poor Lt Cmr, had he upset some journo in the past

Peter

Father_Famine said:
Hi,

I had to keep everything after doing 22 but, that was beccause of reserve liability, I suppose if you were liable for reserve service and flogged your kit then were called up you could get done but, I doubt it would be that serious.

:oops:

Father

I would of got shot of my kit ASAP if I had reserve time. Then when they called me up I would get sent home cos I had no kit and some poor other Bar Steward could do my bit.

Nutty

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer

Nutty said:
Father_Famine said:
Hi,

Father

I would of got shot of my kit ASAP if I had reserve time. Then when they called me up I would get sent home cos I had no kit and some poor other Bar Steward could do my bit.

Nutty

Lets be honest here Nutty, you wouldn't get into anything Pusser has on the shelves, Tailor made and Marque come to mind :lol:

Bisley

War Hero

janner said:
Nutty said:
Father_Famine said:
Hi,

Father

Nutty

Lets be honest here Nutty, you wouldn't get into anything Pusser has on the shelves, Tailor made and Marque come to mind :lol:

Oh I dont know pusser does a lovely set of maternity wear. !!! :lol:

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer

Bisley said:
janner said:
Nutty said:
Father_Famine said:
Hi,

Father

Nutty

I still don't think they could kit him out, whats the record number of births in any one pregnancy, five?, I suppose if you doubled that you would be near the size :lol:
Mind He's good to stand next to, makes you feel thin.
Its worrying that He is so quiet at the moment 8O

janner said:
Bisley said:
janner said:
Nutty said:
Father_Famine said:
Hi,

Father

Nutty

I still don't think they could kit him out, whats the record number of births in any one pregnancy, five?, I suppose if you doubled that you would be near the size :lol:
Mind He's good to stand next to, makes you feel thin.
Its worrying that He is so quiet at the moment 8O

Swine

I am still out here sitting in the sun, I had to wear my top coat five times in the past six months its a Barstard.

Quiet no I have just been upsetting the local Brits over the setting up of an Entity. A Spanish law which requires a sort of Owners Association. As always people who want RIGHTS but no RESPONSIBILITY and even their phone number is a state secret

Svelt, slim and sexy Nutty

SILVER_FOX

War Hero

I agree that this one is something about absolutely nothing. Officers pay for their own kit and replace it as and when required - again, out of their own pocket.

You can buy this stuff for buttons on ebay and in local surplus shops; shops which receive a lot of their supplies direct from Government stores surplus arrangements. There are loads of people selling their kit. Go into any SR's or WR Mess and the porter will give you a list of potential sellers.

Uniform does not guarantee access to military establishments.

Paul Berry is a bloody good friend of mine; I had the pleasure of working with him for two years and a more upstanding, honest and hard-working guy you could not meet. He would go a mile out of his way to look after his people so when I read rg_mcoll's uninformed, opinionated and gleeful opening comment at another person's misfortune the response I would like to post would probably result in my membership of this grand site being ended.

Fall from grace? I suspect that Paul Berry has more grace in his finger-nail than all the hacks at the Sun and the initiator of this subject put together.

Finally, I hate the sun. It pretends to be a friend of the military and makes a big deal about looking after our boys, but it never misses an opportunity to stab us in the back if it makes for a good story. They make a living out of telling the public what their opinion should be and other people's misery. What annoys me is that so many of our people continue to buy it. They've obviously perfected the RN concept of not letting the truth get in the way of a good dit. :x

Good response, I think you may have gotten the message across :wink:

I agree with you about the Sun, I rather think you get more sense out of the Dandy/ Beano, less boobs though (unless they are political ones - boom! boom!).

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer

The answer to all the rags is simple, if everyone with any connection to the services stopped buying them they would probably fold, think about serviing and ex-servicemen, their extended families etc. It would have a hugh impact on sales and therefore advertising and revenue.

spearfish

War Hero

Does anybody know how much the kit went for?I saw a commanders cap make £50 just after christmas.Does anybody have one in 7 1/8?

I don't know but there is actually a fair bit of kit for sale on Ebay. There was a Captains rig which included the scrambled egg cap a few days ago.

Mind you some of the people selling clearly don't know what they are talking about, a bit like the Sun really, there was a set of uniform advertised as WW2 and then in the description stated it was made by Gieves in 1952.

Peter

SILVER_FOX said:
When I read rg_mcoll's uninformed, opinionated and gleeful opening comment at another person's misfortune the response I would like to post would probably result in my membership of this grand site being ended.

Fall from grace? I suspect that Paul Berry has more grace in his finger-nail than all the hacks at the Sun and the initiator of this subject put together.

I entirely agree. Why the hell should a random Lt Cdr getting caught selling kit legally and legitimately be a fall from grace? And why is that a good thing? RG_Mcoll is clearly a chippy [email protected] who doesn't get laid enough.

Besides, I've made £150 from selling old bits of my uniform on EBay recently (all of which I'd paid for myself) so screw him, and screw the Sun.

chieftiff

War Hero

chieftiff said:
It's amazing that a "newspaper" which spends half it's time proclaiming to support "our boys" has a readership at all. Peddling shite like this only reflects on the pratts that buy it, if you are willing to fork out to read crap, expect crap, nothing else.

Proclaiming to the world that you subscribe to their form of twisted, exploitive drivel is just stupidity beyond belief. The kits his, he doesn't need or want it anymore so he sold it on E-Bay, The Scum are going to be busy aren't they " Ex-driver sells car!!" "man with new phone sells old one!"

Bloody pathetic!

Edited to add: If you want to read some real news about the armed forces, which will probably get a small paragraph in your favourite rag follow this link, these guys deserve your attention. I don't see any Scum journalists following them!!
originally army everest link

Am I the only one that finds this spooky, or am I just being paranoid? Follow the link, they are after all the same company!

http://skynews.typepad.com/

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Lt Commander M.R.Todd - Private Memoir Submariners 10
MoD_RSS Commander Strategic Command Commendations MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Lebanese Army Commander ends two-day visit to the UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Flexible Service: Lieutenant Commander Becky Everest MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Home Secretary appoints small boat commander MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Commander Strategic Command, General Sir Patrick Sanders’ Speech at the Air and Space Power Conference MoD News 0
soleil FB: Reserves Day 2020 - Commodore Melanie Robinson ADC, Commander of the Maritime Reserves Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 2
soleil Tw: Commander Maritime Reserves - Royal Naval Reserves & Royal Marines Reserve Survey 2020 Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 0
soleil FB: The Sun's Military Awards - Best Reservist - Winner - Lieutenant Commander Tracy MacSephney Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 3
soleil RN Website: "New Commander Of Maritime Reserves Assumes Command" Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 16
MoD_RSS Strategic Command welcome new Deputy Commander MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Iran: UK responds to US airstrike on military commander in Iraq MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: NATO appoints UK Officer Deputy Supreme Allied Commander Europe MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Exceptional work recognised by Commander JFC MoD News 0
JamesH "Commander Speaking!" History 1
MoD_RSS News story: RAF Engineer becomes first ever UK female military three-star Commander MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Commander JFC awards outstanding individuals MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Commander JFC commendations awarded to outstanding individuals MoD News 0
vauxhall The late Commander Keith Evans Finance & Pensions 0
MoD_RSS News story: Commander JFC Twitter Q and A MoD News 1
soleil Telegraph: "Commander Ken Frewer, Submariner – Obituary" Submariners 1
MoD_RSS Press release: Ambassador to Lebanon meets Lebanese Armed Forces Commander MoD News 0
Simon - Quest Magazine Charterhouse - CCF Contingent Commander & Teacher of History The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
sweetpea Commander Chris Gobey. The Fleet 0
soleil Mirror: "Sub Hunting With First Female Commander Of Major Royal Navy Warship" The Fleet 20
soleil Herald: "Navy Man Ian's Commendation From Fleet Commander" The Fleet 0
soleil Expr: "'Cold War Cat And Mouse Games Put Us On Red Alert,' Says Submarine Commander Submariners 21
MoD_RSS News story: New commander for Joint Forces Command MoD News 4
soleil Dorset Echo: "Royal Naval Commander Sails Into Home Port" SCC and URNU 0
soleil Telegraph: "Meet The Commander Giving The Royal Navy A Female Touch" The Fleet 65
MoD_RSS News story: First female RAF search and rescue commander MoD News 0
soleil The National: "Pirates On The Back Foot, Says UK Royal Navy Commander" Current Affairs 0
MoD_RSS News story: Top Afghan commander helps prepare UK forces for deployment MoD News 0
scouse Commander Tony Shaw The Fleet Air Arm 1
soleil Echo: Lieutenant Commander Ian Molyneux Posthumously Honoured At Buckingham Palace Submariners 1
soleil Wirral News: "Northern RN Commander Shown Model Of HMS Daring Made In Shed" The Fleet 2
soleil Pompey News: "Portsmouth Naval Base Commander Steps Down After Just One Year In Role" Bases / Shore Est 2
soleil ITV: "Harry Welcomed To Camp Bastion By Commander" The Fleet Air Arm 0
soleil Guardian: "Commander: The Life And Exploits Of Britain's Greatest Frigate Commander" History 1
soleil "Famous Yachtswoman Honorary Commander Dee Caffari Inspects HMS Sultan Sailors" Bases / Shore Est 0
P Lieutenant Commander Arthur Edward Kitchener Green RNVR History 21
Ageing_Gracefully Book competition - Company Commander Competitions 12
tentoes Master and Commander documentary History 6
soleil Western Morning News: "Commander Takes Charge At HMS Raleigh" Bases / Shore Est 0
soleil Mirror: "Aircraft Carrier Cuts Leave Falklands Vulnerable, Says Commander Of '82 War" The Fleet 4
soleil BBC: "HMS Victory Gets 100th Commander" Bases / Shore Est 3
MoD_RSS ISAF Commander visits British troops in Afghanistan Current Affairs 0
soleil Helensburgh Advertiser: "The Remarkable Career Of Commander Ian Riches" Submariners 0
soleil Inverness Courier: "Naval Commander Visits Home Port Of Inverness" SCC and URNU 0
soleil Mail: Commander John Muxworthy On HMS Invincible & 1SL's Recent Briefing The Fleet 3