Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lt cmdr John Eyton-jones pictures on ship

On the 6th May 1982 my wifes farther Lt Cmdr John Eyton-Jones from 802 squadron left the invincible on a cap over the noth Atlantic during the Falklands war, he was flying shar no xz452 he never returned, my wife has no grave to visit and very few photos of him , we have posted all kinds of messages on lots of different forums and would ask anybody reading who was on the Invincible at the time of the falklands campaign to try to remember if they have any photos of John on deck or in his plane or any stories about him so as we can see what life was like on ship before his death.We posted a message on the Pprune website but as yet have had no photos.More than anything else we would love to show our 3 boys their Grandfarther with his friends and shipmates, they would love to speek to him themselves but he has made the ultimate sacrifice, so we ask you for your help.
Many thanks for reading
Russ husband of Anna Eyton-jones

I'm was not FAA myself, but you could try :

www.Fleetairarmoa.org

or

www.fleetairarmarchive.net

or

www.faaa.org.uk

Condolences, however belated.

scouse

War Hero
russell_breen said:
On the 6th May 1982 my wifes farther Lt Cmdr John Eyton-Jones from 802 squadron left the invincible on a cap over the noth Atlantic during the Falklands war, he was flying shar no xz452 he never returned, my wife has no grave to visit and very few photos of him , we have posted all kinds of messages on lots of different forums and would ask anybody reading who was on the Invincible at the time of the falklands campaign to try to remember if they have any photos of John on deck or in his plane or any stories about him so as we can see what life was like on ship before his death.We posted a message on the Pprune website but as yet have had no photos.More than anything else we would love to show our 3 boys their Grandfarther with his friends and shipmates, they would love to speek to him themselves but he has made the ultimate sacrifice, so we ask you for your help.
Many thanks for reading
Russ husband of Anna Eyton-jones
I am an ex FAA Buccaneer person myself.Their are some photos and story of your father in law at the FAA meusem Yoevilton/ Falklands stand and also his name is on the wall of rememberance at Alrewas in Staffs and of course St Barts Yoevilton. Kind regards Scouse :salut:

Many thanks , Anna and I are constantly overwhelmed by the help offered from ex-service personel, I am sure we will have some success with this soon.
Kind regards to you
Russ

chinamatelot

Lantern Swinger
I served on first commission with him but I think you will find it was 801 squadron under Cmdr Sharkey Ward.

I have a commission book lurking around somewhere & I will look to see if there are any phots that can be scanned.

Left Invinc (demobbed) a few days before she sailed for the falklands and was sad to hear the news of course, I met him (I did his pay!) and from memory was a nice chap.

China.

chieftiff

War Hero
There may well be reference to him in the Squadron line book, some of these are still held by the squadron and some are at the FAA Museum, they have a research facility available but you need to contact them via their website. If it was 801 Sdn then they are currently (temporarily decommissioned) I have pm'd you with contact details.

scouse

War Hero
chinamatelot said:
I served on first commission with him but I think you will find it was 801 squadron under Cmdr Sharkey Ward.

I have a commission book lurking around somewhere & I will look to see if there are any phots that can be scanned.

Left Invinc (demobbed) a few days before she sailed for the falklands and was sad to hear the news of course, I met him (I did his pay!) and from memory was a nice chap.

China.
Sharkey

chinamatelot

Lantern Swinger
scouse said:
chinamatelot said:

China.
Sharkey

Confirmed -801 Squadron

http://members.tripod.com/glosters/falkland.htm

Thanks so much China
if you have anything at all please send it on, I was interested to hear from my wife's mother recently just how much a Harrier pilot earned at this time (not a lot) when you consider what had to be done to earn it, doesn't seem right that people(all service personel) to whom we owe such a lot, don't get looked after as well as they should.
Thanks again
Russ

chockhead819

War Hero
Have just been emailed by someone who served with him on 892 & Invincible but have to wait for his permission to pass on his details

brendan498

War Hero
Russel if your Wife goes to

www.sama82.org

she may be eligible to join as a special member the forums are very active and have lots of Falklands veterans from the Invincible,who would certainly be able to shares memories,there is also a Garden of Rememberence where all the fallen are listed and tributes can be submitted

If your wife knows the name of any of the Squadron , members and some are listed in Sharkey Wards book pm Hydra Joe on here and im sure he will be able to give additional information

SAMA82 is a a proactive organisation of several thousand Falkland Veterans dedicated to supporting and remembering the contribution of all involved in 82 whether it be those involved in combat or there familys

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Information on Lt Cmdr John Wilkinson (WW2) History 5
M Lt Cmdr Frank Greenaway - HMS Hoste History 1
MoD_RSS AAIB Report: Bombardier BD-700-1A10 Global 6000, runway excursion, Liverpool John Lennon Airport MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Sir John Manzoni announced as Chair Designate for AWE plc NDPB Board MoD News 0
MoD_RSS John Whittingdale's Speech at Open Data Institute Summit 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS John Conteh MBE congratulates veterans on completion of Boxing Through Barriers programme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Change of Governor of the British Virgin Islands: John Rankin MoD News 0
MoD_RSS John Penrose MP to lead review exploring how to bolster UK competition policy MoD News 0
MoD_RSS John Glen addresses Investment Association on Sustainability and Responsible Investment MoD News 0
MoD_RSS John Lockhart to join the Forest Services Board MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Wildlife crime and conservation expert John Scanlon appointed chair of UK government’s Illegal Wildlife Trade Challenge Fund MoD News 0
D Captain R.N 1969 . John Templeton-Cotill Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 8
Sumo Skate Board Lands End to John o' Groats Charity 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has appointed John Mothersole as the England Chair of the National Lottery Community Fund. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS John Wilson MBE honoured with new rod licence images MoD News 0
MoD_RSS A letter from John Glen to Stephen Jones on Mortgage Prisoners MoD News 0
soleil ForcesNet: "John Inverdale Praises 'Really Good' Navy Rugby Final" Sports and Adventure Training 0
soleil John O'Groats Journal: "Remembering The Exmouth, 80 Years On" History 2
soleil BBC: John Noakes (Blue Peter) 'At The Controls' Of A Hercules (1975) The Fleet Air Arm 1
MoD_RSS Regional Air Connectivity Review: aviation minister visits Liverpool John Lennon Airport to launch UK tour of regional airports MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The AAIB has sent a team Liverpool John Lennon Airport MoD News 0
S Stoker John Webster The Fleet 3
MoD_RSS John Procter appointed as Chair of the Royal Armouries MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Manor of Northstead: John Bercow MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Letter from John Manzoni on the public information campaign MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Dr John joins presenters from around the globe at conference in Australia MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Three Hundreds of Chiltern: John Mann MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Life Sciences and UK's future role: Sir John Bell delivers MHRA annual lecture MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Canonisation of Blessed Cardinal John Henry Newman in Rome MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM meeting with US National Security Advisor John Bolton: 12 August 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS John Mann appointed as independent adviser on antisemitism MoD News 0
MoD_RSS John Glen speaks at the Green Finance Summit MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Women in Finance Summit 2019: John Glen speech MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: John Glen's speech at the Building Societies Association Annual Conference MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: John Wilkinson OBE, Director of Devices to retire MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Appointment of John McQuater as the Lay and Consumer Advice member on CPRC MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Clerk of the House of Commons appointment: Dr John Benger MoD News 0
vauxhall Farewell to John Finance & Pensions 0
M Documentary about John Aitken (Former T-Boat Skipper) Submariners 7
Seaweed USS JOHN S MCCAIN COLLISION Current Affairs 53
MoD_RSS Press release: Intelligence Services Commissioner: Sir John Goldring MoD News 0
P 'Nuclear Expert' John Lane and the large stench of bovine excrement Current Affairs 13
B Mr John Evans Social & Reunions 3
MoD_RSS News story: Sir John Homes independent medal review 2014 update MoD News 1
A John Tronson's "A Voyage of Barracouta..." Current Affairs 0
D New book coming out shortly - Sea Devils by John Swinfield The Book Club 0
L John sherborne - seaman royal navy History 0
J John McLeman drowned 1921 Sydney Nearest & Dearest 14
Mad Missus Miggins The John Smith’s Grand National 2013 Sports and Adventure Training 45
soleil Honest John: "Land Rover Announces Affiliation With Royal Navy Type 45 Destroyer" The Fleet 8