LSA for rejoiners?

Hi,

Does anybody know what the crack is for rejoiners with LSA? Do you have to start building it up again or do you pick up where you left off?

Cheers

In my offer letter which I received after permission to process I was told that I would keep my rank, job role, pay scale but LSA goes back to zero. No idea why they would take sea days off us but hey ho.

Not sure if we can argue it to try and get them back but worth an ask I guess

I've done a bit of reading and it looks like I will be entitled to LSA.

Next question.

Will the time (or some of it) spent at BRNC count as 'Qualifying Separation' despite BRNC being the Duty Station? I figured it might because for much of Dartmouth you are confined to camp and cannot return home at the weekends.
Any ideas?

I've done a bit of reading and it looks like I will be entitled to LSA.

Next question.

Will the time (or some of it) spent at BRNC count as 'Qualifying Separation' despite BRNC being the Duty Station? I figured it might because for much of Dartmouth you are confined to camp and cannot return home at the weekends.
Any ideas?

I doubt it; put it this way - none of my Junior Officers have LSA days from BRNC...

Spare_Rib

Lantern Swinger
JSP says: QS does not start to accrue for new entrant officers until completion of initial officer training at the appropriate single Service officer training college BRNC, RMAS or RAF College Cranwell.
But Harry Von, aren't you a re-entrant?

Yeah square rib, I am re-entrant so i will be entitled LSA from day one. I was just curious as to whether or not time spent at Dartmouth (e.g. the first 10 weeks were youre not allowed off camp) will give contribute to LSA.

Spare_Rib

Lantern Swinger
Normal rules apply; it's your Duty Station and you don't get LSA. As a re-entrant you may differ from the new entrant officers and qualify for LSA when you are away for 7 days, or at sea (such as during ISA), but it really should be detailed in your offer letter as a re-entrant?

Spare_Rib

Lantern Swinger
I thought all re entrants were issued with an offer letter from their branch manager? If you're joining a different service/spec then it might be different. In which case I would check with the UPO when you get to BRNC.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
You should have a specific offer letter as each re-entrant, notionally, can have a different offer.
Yep. For those joining as a rating with former service, the Approval to Process letter outlines the terms & conditions under which the service will accept you back.

It will state the rate of pay upon re-entry, your right of discharge, length of contract, rate/rank, the selection and training required to be undertaken and whether any allowances are paid or whether any seniority is afforded with regard pay increments & allowances for former service.

It's basically "Here's what we're offering". Rejoiners are under no obligation to accept the offer but if they wish to haggle, they are advised to do so prior to entry because otherwise it is assumed you accept the Terms and Conditions laid out.

Officer rejoins are likewise given an offer of service letter off AIB and the same protocol applies. Retrospective negotiations usually end in tears.

The biggie is to contact the pension people as it can get quite complex. Most people's accrued pension remains preserved but upon re-entry they start on the current pension scheme - you cannot rejoin on a previous pension scheme unless new joiners are joining on the same scheme.