LS/GC

dunkers

War Hero
FlagWagger said:
dunkers said:
rosinacarley said:
Not sure you are interested but the RNR do not get a LS&GC anymore, we have the VSM (VRM?). It is very pretty and no one knows what it is!

VRSM ;) you must serve 10 years and receive bounty in at least 9 of them.

Christened the "Blair" in some units in loving memory of the grate leader at the time of its introduction :)

How ingenious. Nobody wants a "Blair Medal" so to avoid being awarded it they make sure they don't qualify for bounty, thus making them ineligible for the medal... this has the knock on effect of reducing the sum of money required to pay for bounties... clever buggers the MoD accountants... :number1:

Sgt Pepper

Font of all things Pusser. I have asked this before but with out response. If I failed to wear a GSM (Borneo) with my No.1s lets say for Captain S/m's Divisions did I commit any offence. i.e. is it compuslory to wear medals that have been awarded when in No1's

Nutty

dondon

MIA
rosinacarley said:
Not sure you are interested but the RNR do not get a LS&GC anymore, we have the VSM (VRM?). It is very pretty and no one knows what it is!

Ah bless , bet you'd look very nice in a pretty medal "rosie" , mmmmmmm

dondon said:
rosinacarley said:

Ah bless , bet you'd look very nice in a pretty medal "rosie" , mmmmmmm

Dondon, you are too kind, I also have the very shiny, very gold foil covered chocolate coin medal that is the Golden Jubilee Medal. That felt a bit like the ones that the americans get for crossing the Atlantic!

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Nutty said:
Sgt Pepper

Font of all things Pusser. I have asked this before but with out response. If I failed to wear a GSM (Borneo) with my No.1s lets say for Captain S/m's Divisions did I commit any offence. i.e. is it compuslory to wear medals that have been awarded when in No1's

Nutty

I would have to say 'yes' (although I do not have access to the reference out here in DG)... so "Git yer lid!" :lol:

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero
sgtpepperband said:
Nutty said:
Sgt Pepper

Nutty

I would have to say 'yes' (although I do not have access to the reference out here in DG)... so "Git yer lid!" :lol:
Surely the statute of limitations applies, must of been in the late sixties. Still to be on the safe side alert Gatwick so that this heinous crime can be fully investigated should the guilty party return to the UK. :thumright: :dwarf:
NZB