Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by Shakey, Feb 1, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone been on this course recently? Can you tell us what to expect, or any useful hints or tips?

Thanks in advance.
  2. Just finished SRCC, today actually

Loads of defence writing, some PAD stuff and loads of walking with DCT's (Directive communications tasks) where you have to take charge of a team

some obstacle course stuff and some public speaking, a lecture of your own creation which is now 7 minutes (15 minutes on SRCC) and has to be on anything you want as long as its not attached to your job, debate on your chosen 'hot topic' and a class lecture on your chosen leader

it all adds to a visit to Erlestoke (Salisbury plain), where you walk over 20k and get deprived of sleep, just to see if you can cope with more walking
  3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

RNTM 221/07 refers...
  4. Sounds great. Can I go? :)
  5. Very smart you looked too mate when I saw you in Mercury building.

You lot have it far too easy these days. :) ;-)
  6. It is a 2 week course, make sure your kit is imaculate including nos 1's and medals if you have any. Lots of work inc defence writing, PAD's and work towards group activities. Make sure you are physically fit and can pass your mile and a half, helps to start off good. Be yourself, if you are given any work don't put it on the backburner for later. Volunteer for things and play the game, and last bit of advice enjoy it you will probably meet some really good people.
  7. Short and sweet and very good advice. I'd add that if you haven't had to prepare and / give a brief of any description that you should try to take advantage of any time you have to get some practice. Confidence can be a really plus on these things.

Good luck.

8. Shakey, LRCC will be changing after 1/4/08. Your DO should be on top of what is required and to be honest if he/she does their job they will make sure lecture/kit and your fitness is at the correct level to go on course. Read the RNTM and make sure your DO pays attention to the part 4 documentation !!!!!? Signatures etc etc If the part 4 docs aren't correct you may fall at the first hurdle and be RTU'd.The more you prepare the better your time managemnet will be and you'll have a good time.
  9. the_matelot

the_matelot War Hero Moderator

LRCC is changing to 3 weeks in duration according to the WO PTI who just left RNLA(E).
  10. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

...all explained in RNTM 221/07, which is available on the RNWeb. If I can get a copy in DG, then surely... 8O :wink:
  11. also no more LRCC(RS) / SRCC(RS) after March - 3 places put aside on every course for sicknotes
  12. im going on lrcc this sunday!!! and yes i am nervous as hell :(
  13. shucks thank you

i will see you next month on the 10th - for a nice wee 3 day course
  14. to be honest pal, if you've prepared and you have the right attitude, its alright

just go with the flow and you will be alright

when i did LRCC in 2003 we had to do 2 lectures, a 7 and a 12 minute lecture and luckily i was given a PLT which was a 15 minute lecture on FTRS