Love the name

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by bikerman, Aug 31, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Got this E-mail and just loved the name. It really makes me wants to answer it but no.
    Here is a small example

"From: James M. Kunta
    Tel + 0027 83-994-0158
    No: 210 House Street High Point Building
    Johannesburg South Africa
    Highly Confidential
    Dear Sir/Madam,

With due respect and humility, do I write you this investment business proposal,. I am MR. JAMES M. KUNTA the first Son of Late DR.JERRY E.KUNTA who was recently murdered in a land dispute in ZIMBABWE. I got your contact from the INTERNATIONAL TRADE CENTRE here in Johannesburg and I decided to write you."

2. Any relation to our cunt ?.

3. I have done a little research and by all accounts this is genuine. mustafa.jpg

4. Err, but a little small. Hang on...

5. Cut and paste:

Inverchapel is best remembered in the public imagination for a much reproduced note he is said to have written in 1943 to Lord Pembroke while Ambassador to Moscow.
    "My Dear Reggie, In these dark days man tends to look for little shafts of light that spill from Heaven. My days are probably darker than yours, and I need, my God I do, all the light I can get. But I am a decent fellow, and I do not want to be mean and selfish about what little brightness is shed upon me from time to time. So I propose to share with you a tiny flash that has illuminated my sombre life and tell you that God has given me a new Turkish colleague whose card tells me that he is called Mustapha Kunt. We all feel like that, Reggie, now and then, especially when Spring is upon us, but few of us would care to put it on our cards. It takes a Turk to do that. Sir Archibald Clark KerrH.M. Ambassador"

6. Chaucer had pretty amazing foresight then.