Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost I.D card

SAFC-PSB

Midshipman
Im currently on summer leave from Raleigh and I've lost my temporary ID card, it must of ripped off because its only laminated paper and i still have the chain it was on with key. I know that they wont accept this excuse so was just looking for a bit advice. Will I be able to contact anyone before i return at raleigh and am i likely to get into much trouble, just to help my nerves a bit :?

scouse

War Hero
:roll: Probably give you a replacement, and a bollocking???? Think we got 14 Days stoppage and pay for a new one, many moons ago??? :lol: :lol:

Shackles_and_Flags

Lantern Swinger
Probably a bollocking aswell as a brief on personal security. I know onboard it used to be about an £80? fine to pay for a new one.

Straight to bed with no tea for you young man.

You have put the very fabric of British security at threat. How can you live with the guilt?

It wont effect your chances of promotion, hell, Mountbatten lost a ship and it didn't do him to much harm, Nelson lost an eye and got caught shagging his boss's wife, he did OK as well.

Chill out and enjoy your leave.

Guzzler

War Hero
SAFC-PSB said:
the MAA isn't the nicest at the best of times

I always thought he was a nice bloke.

I'll mention it to him next time I see him and maybe he'll change his ways.

djcopio

Badgeman
My messmate lost his recently - he's had a round of bollockings for it (my favourite was on Captains Rounds before we went on leave when the Jimmy called him a liability!) But no fine and no nines. Though he isn't called the Teflon kid for nothing.

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
SAFC-PSB said:
I can take a bollocking on the chin just hope it doesn't go on my record or anything so that it wont affect chances of promotion etc, it wouldn't surprise me because the MAA isn't the nicest at the best of times

1. Presumably, in order to have been issued with a temporary RNID card then, you probably lost your original photo ID card in the first place, then?

2. If so, then the appropriate Minor Administrative Action would have been instigated at the time (this would vary from establishment to establishment). However, when you reported the matter to the RN Police Office - in accordance with HMS Raleigh's Standing Orders - you will have been briefed on the implications of losing your ID card (no joking matter, in today's security climate). No doubt that you would've also been advised to take extreme car with your new temporary one, which is also an official document, and is to be treated with the same respect as your own issued ID card...

3. So after spending their valuable time by raising the necessary signals to notify the relevant authorities that need to know about the lost ID card, produced and recorded a temporary one and then made arrangements for a replacement ID card to be issued by AFPAA, it seems that your unit RN Police staff and UPO personnel will have to repeat the process - just because you are a numpty who clearly cannot be trusted with a small (but very important) piece of paper!

4. As it is a requirement to be in possession of your RNID card at all times, you are to contact the OOD/OOW at HMS Raleigh immediately (by telephone if you are not local, or in person if you are able to). If possible, you may be able to obtain another temporary ID card from your local MOD estabishment (although bad things happen in threes, so it likely that you will probably loose this one too...)

5. As you are not in possession of an ID card, you may have to explain yourself to the OOD/OOW when you return to HMS Raleigh from leave - which will cause you further inconvenience and embarrassment.

6. As soon as practicable on return to HMS Raleigh, report the matter in person to the MAA/RPO. I cannot say what action they will take, but I would like to assume that disciplinary action may be taken, given the circumstances...

7. Good Tip (1): Be careful about what you say about identifiable people on public forums - the MAA at HMS Raleigh is a good friend of mine... he had every reason not to "be nice" to you when you lost your ID card in the first place, so I dread to think what he will say when he finds out your latest!

8. Good Tip (2): If you've fecked up, be honest and open, and admit it as soon as possible; the MAA/RPO will be able to sniff out bullcrap as soon as you open your mouth. And a packet of chocolate suggestives goes a long way these days (this will also apply throughout your naval career - should you continue to have one...)

:thumbleft:

SAFC-PSB

Midshipman
The temporary id card was the only id card we have been issued so far. Sorry if i caused any offense about the MAA, i understand that he has a right to be the way he is and i probably worded it wrong. He is a genuine man and i have utmost respect for him who has obviously worked hard for his position. I understand how serious ID card losses are etc just was looking for a bit advice as i am very worried. I have tried to contact the duty PO as that was only contact number i was given but i managed to contact the guard room.

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Good lad. In the scheme of things, a lost ID card is hardly crime of the century, but it is a time consuming process to deal with. Notwithstanding that, the security statistics regarding lost ID cards is staggering - can't say more without contravening OPSEC, but Armed Forces ID cards have been found in some very unusual overseas environments, in the possession of some rather hostile people called Terry who live in caves... :oops:

By the way, I wasn't lying about the packet of 'chocolate suggestives', though... :wink:

sgtpepperband said:
Good lad. In the scheme of things, a lost ID card is hardly crime of the century, but it is a time consuming process to deal with. Notwithstanding that, the security statistics regarding lost ID cards is staggering - can't say more without contravening OPSEC, but Armed Forces ID cards have been found in some very unusual overseas environments, in the possession of some rather hostile people called Terry who live in caves... :oops:

By the way, I wasn't lying about the packet of 'chocolate suggestives', though... :wink:

Does June live with them too?

SAFC-PSB

Midshipman
i understand what you's mean by not a nice MAA etc, i worded it wrong and think people misunderstood what i meant. I've tried to contact OOD and guard room said to just report it when i return to raleigh.

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp said:
scouse said:
:roll: There is no such person as a nice MAA ,RPO, LR ..... period :wink:

Exception - Our nice Sgt Peppa, grovel grovel :wink:

Bollocks! I'm a right twunt... (thought I'd get that in there before Cornishgolfer adds his own opinion!) :twisted:

SAFC-PSB: PM replied to... :thumbleft:

21_Man

War Hero
sgtpepperband said:
SAFC-PSB said:
7. Good Tip (1): Be careful about what you say about identifiable people on public forums - the MAA at HMS Raleigh is a good friend of mine... he had every reason not to "be nice" to you when you lost your ID card in the first place, so I dread to think what he will say when he finds out your latest!

8. Good Tip (2): If you've fecked up, be honest and open, and admit it as soon as possible; the MAA/RPO will be able to sniff out bullcrap as soon as you open your mouth. And a packet of chocolate suggestives goes a long way these days (this will also apply throughout your naval career - should you continue to have one...)

:thumbleft:

Item 7....good advice

Item 8....this saves the regulators time on paperwork ;-))

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Comprehensive new funding package for councils to help address coronavirus pressures and cover lost income during the pandemic MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Billion pound Covid catch-up plan to tackle impact of lost teaching time MoD News 0
J The Lost Submarines in the Meditteranean in WW2 Submariners 29
MoD_RSS Sledge and flag from Shackleton’s Nimrod expedition at risk of being lost abroad MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Spellbinding Monet work worth £28 million at risk of being lost MoD News 0
G Lost Raleigh pass Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
SONAR-BENDER Lost U-boat story Submariners 0
B Lost pjft results The Quarterdeck 2
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp AEI - LOST AUSSIE BOAT FOUND AFTER 103 YEARS Submariners 1
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp HMS NARWHAL (lost 1940) History 0
Stirlin Search for lost landing craft. History 0
M Capita lost my medical notes! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
repoman RENOWN lost photo's Submariners 2
L CPO Fred Gannon - After any info/photos - all lost in fire. Nearest & Dearest 13
slim Request for Votes from HMS Lost Oppos Site Charity 8
SONAR-BENDER Has Argentina REALLY lost the plot? Diamond Lil's 4
Tanzi Lost oppo Miscellaneous 10
matt93 Lost my entry date. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
soleil Mail: 'RN Veteran Finally Receives His Medals, 64 Years After They Were Lost In Post' History 3
AAF Lost compo. The Gash Barge 4
soleil Pompey News: "More Than 1,500 Military Jobs To Be Lost" Current Affairs 5
soleil Time Team: "The Lost Submarine of WWI" - Ch 4 - Sunday July 7th 2013 - 20:00 Submariners 8
soleil Birmingham Post: "Face Of Birmingham Sailor Of Lost Dutch Submarine Revealed" Submariners 0
soleil "National Museum Of The RN Launches Appeal For Lost Stories From RN Colonial Forces" History 0
trelawney126 Another British Invention lost to others Current Affairs 3
andym Lost Medal Found. The Fleet 35
soleil BBC: "Phone Navigation Warning After Lost Hillwalkers Rescued From Trossachs" The Fleet Air Arm 1
J Has RR lost its way? The Quarterdeck 67
stan_the_man HMS COVENTRY 1982 Lost medal Diamond Lil's 4
labrum Lost Bowie footage found Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 7
soleil Pompey News: "Memorial For Nelson And Lives Lost At Sea" Bases / Shore Est 0
stan_the_man The lost generation Diamond Lil's 35
Topstop Lost new posts Bloody Computers 2
janner Tale of the lost cock Miscellaneous 0
soleil Mail: "Soldier Who Lost Legs In Taliban Blast Takes Part In Ultimate Endurance Race" The Corps 2
Naval_Gazer An opportunity lost Current Affairs 1
soleil Pompey News: "Book Award Honour For Marine Who Lost Three Limbs In Blast" The Corps 1
BillyNoMates Lost and Found Miscellaneous 3
soleil Pompey News: "Respects Paid To Lost HMS Affray Heroes" Submariners 0
soleil Pompey News: "Evidence Of UFO Encounter With HMS Manchester ‘Lost’" The Fleet 7
trelawney126 Have we lost the Plot? Current Affairs 2
T Lost photos History 1
soleil Pompey Service Will Remember Seafarers Who Lost Their Lives Bases / Shore Est 0
Jimpy lost email Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 4
scouse 48 Seafires lost in 2 days at Landing on stations!!! The Fleet Air Arm 8
sgtpepperband Lost Cat Shenanigans Diamond Lil's 14
U British Ships lost in the Falklands war. The Gash Barge 25
soleil NY Times: "French Spy Sonar Lost Overboard in Trial Mishap" Current Affairs 0
Seaweed Helicopter lost in Borneo The Fleet Air Arm 42
P Sailor who lost leg died after painkiller addiction Current Affairs 0