Lost I.D card

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by SAFC-PSB, Aug 27, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Im currently on summer leave from Raleigh and I've lost my temporary ID card, it must of ripped off because its only laminated paper and i still have the chain it was on with key. I know that they wont accept this excuse so was just looking for a bit advice. Will I be able to contact anyone before i return at raleigh and am i likely to get into much trouble, just to help my nerves a bit :?
  2. :roll: Probably give you a replacement, and a bollocking???? Think we got 14 Days stoppage and pay for a new one, many moons ago??? :lol: :lol:
  3. Probably a bollocking aswell as a brief on personal security. I know onboard it used to be about an £80? fine to pay for a new one.
  4. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Straight to bed with no tea for you young man.

You have put the very fabric of British security at threat. How can you live with the guilt?
  5. can take a bollocking on the chin, just worried what div staff will have to say etc.
  6. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

It wont effect your chances of promotion, hell, Mountbatten lost a ship and it didn't do him to much harm, Nelson lost an eye and got caught shagging his boss's wife, he did OK as well.

Chill out and enjoy your leave.
  7. I always thought he was a nice bloke.

I'll mention it to him next time I see him and maybe he'll change his ways.
  8. My messmate lost his recently - he's had a round of bollockings for it (my favourite was on Captains Rounds before we went on leave when the Jimmy called him a liability!) But no fine and no nines. Though he isn't called the Teflon kid for nothing.
  9. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

1. Presumably, in order to have been issued with a temporary RNID card then, you probably lost your original photo ID card in the first place, then?

2. If so, then the appropriate Minor Administrative Action would have been instigated at the time (this would vary from establishment to establishment). However, when you reported the matter to the RN Police Office - in accordance with HMS Raleigh's Standing Orders - you will have been briefed on the implications of losing your ID card (no joking matter, in today's security climate). No doubt that you would've also been advised to take extreme car with your new temporary one, which is also an official document, and is to be treated with the same respect as your own issued ID card...

3. So after spending their valuable time by raising the necessary signals to notify the relevant authorities that need to know about the lost ID card, produced and recorded a temporary one and then made arrangements for a replacement ID card to be issued by AFPAA, it seems that your unit RN Police staff and UPO personnel will have to repeat the process - just because you are a numpty who clearly cannot be trusted with a small (but very important) piece of paper!

4. As it is a requirement to be in possession of your RNID card at all times, you are to contact the OOD/OOW at HMS Raleigh immediately (by telephone if you are not local, or in person if you are able to). If possible, you may be able to obtain another temporary ID card from your local MOD estabishment (although bad things happen in threes, so it likely that you will probably loose this one too...)

5. As you are not in possession of an ID card, you may have to explain yourself to the OOD/OOW when you return to HMS Raleigh from leave - which will cause you further inconvenience and embarrassment.

6. As soon as practicable on return to HMS Raleigh, report the matter in person to the MAA/RPO. I cannot say what action they will take, but I would like to assume that disciplinary action may be taken, given the circumstances...

7. Good Tip (1): Be careful about what you say about identifiable people on public forums - the MAA at HMS Raleigh is a good friend of mine... he had every reason not to "be nice" to you when you lost your ID card in the first place, so I dread to think what he will say when he finds out your latest!

8. Good Tip (2): If you've fecked up, be honest and open, and admit it as soon as possible; the MAA/RPO will be able to sniff out bullcrap as soon as you open your mouth. And a packet of chocolate suggestives goes a long way these days (this will also apply throughout your naval career - should you continue to have one...)

10. cheers for the help guys :)
  11. The temporary id card was the only id card we have been issued so far. Sorry if i caused any offense about the MAA, i understand that he has a right to be the way he is and i probably worded it wrong. He is a genuine man and i have utmost respect for him who has obviously worked hard for his position. I understand how serious ID card losses are etc just was looking for a bit advice as i am very worried. I have tried to contact the duty PO as that was only contact number i was given but i managed to contact the guard room.
  12. Put him in your book SPB :D
  13. sgtpepperband

Good lad. In the scheme of things, a lost ID card is hardly crime of the century, but it is a time consuming process to deal with. Notwithstanding that, the security statistics regarding lost ID cards is staggering - can't say more without contravening OPSEC, but Armed Forces ID cards have been found in some very unusual overseas environments, in the possession of some rather hostile people called Terry who live in caves... :oops:

By the way, I wasn't lying about the packet of 'chocolate suggestives', though... :wink:
  14. Does June live with them too?
  15. sgtpepperband

Would love to, JJ. But Raleigh/Pointyheadland ain't my 'manor'... :twisted:
  16. :roll: There is no such person as a nice MAA ,RPO, LR ..... period :wink:
  17. Exception - Our nice Sgt Peppa, grovel grovel :wink:
  18. i understand what you's mean by not a nice MAA etc, i worded it wrong and think people misunderstood what i meant. I've tried to contact OOD and guard room said to just report it when i return to raleigh.
  19. sgtpepperband

Bollocks! I'm a right twunt... (thought I'd get that in there before Cornishgolfer adds his own opinion!) :twisted:

SAFC-PSB: PM replied to... :thumbleft: