Lord West of Spithead inundated with sex offers

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Nutty, Feb 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. You may have missed this tucked away in the Times today, Our brave Admiral West and friend of Brooon now has a problem with the name he chose for his ennoblement "Spit-Head" many are taking it to be an invitation to sexual practices possibly by the good Lord.

Spit Head

Nutty

2. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Nutty, I don't think this will last long in Current Affairs.

While the thinking community never got into Facebook and its like, others are waking up to its pitfalls and potential for compromise, ridicule etc and are bailing out, Admiral West appears to be swimming upstream. Mid life crisis?

3. Wot not even if its from the Sunday Times Seadog my flabber is garsted this is current affairs at its cutting edge 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O

4. West is a fool, after joining Broons gang as a goat he never had the courage of own his convictions and changed his tune within a few hours trying to cover it up by calling himself a simple sailor. He encouraged "gays" into the RN and supported pride marches. He then had the stupidity to put pics of himself on facebook dressed in a naval white costume and wondered why the gays were making sexual remarks. Oh my god, he was 1SL.

5. Levers_Aligned

Levers_Aligned War Hero Moderator

He encouraged 'gays'.

Two questions.

1. Why the inverted commas? Do you have a problem with homosexuals?

2. If you do, it might harm your pride to be informed that 'gays' (as you put it) have existed within the Royal Navy for hundreds of years. Recently, we have dragged ourselves out of the stone age and kinda admitted that they exist within our field of vision and have absolutely no impact upon what we do. If you notice, it's those who kick up a fuss about it who have more impact.

levers

6. The real worry about this thread is that it may drag Norma(n) out of the woodwork. What I would really like to know is what is the ex MN steward using his presence on facebook for, the mind boggles, is he into virtual punch ups, or is there a mutple jaguar owners club?

7. No Maxi he thinks Facebook is a pie shop.

8. Ah that explains it all

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

9. Levers A. With respect to your post.
    1. Why the inverted commas? Do you have a problem with homosexuals?
    The inverted commas are there because being the old guard I consider The word "gay" as stolen, when I went to school it was correlated with meaning happy and fun. No I have no problem with homosexuals as such, but now they are treated with respect I cannot understand pride marches and "gay" weddings, but good luck to you in that, we don't want to go back to the days when "so called witches" were burnt at the stake in the name of religeon, and people were persecuted for being different.
    Winston Churchill said the only traditions the navy have are rum, bum and baccy, as the navy has had the rum and baccy taken away perhaps West is making sure we keep the last one.

10. Levers_Aligned

Stolen? Stolen from whom? Us 'straights'? What about 'arse bandit'. 'fudge packer' and 'brownhatter'? They too taken from the mouths for the righteous? Or are homosexuals not allowed to have a socially-acceptable, non-offensive moniker? They have to be 'queers' and 'pufftahs' in your world, huh?

Famous old precursor to a statement that illustrates that you have got a problem with gay people, isn't it? See also 'Im not being funny, but ... ' (yup, you're not) and 'I'm not racist, but ... ' Clearly gay people rattle your bars, don't they? With their mincing about, high voices, choice of soft furnishings and showtunes. And also in your world, if this is left unchecked, you'll end up raped in the bum by some marauding pervert and blimey ... it's not natural, is it?

I have dozens of gay friends. I've officiated, in my uniform, at a Civil Partnership (jeez, don't try to call it a 'wedding', whatever you do. It hurts baby Jesus and would bring down the nation) and never once have I felt threatened, encouraged to 'turn' or out of sorts in their company. Some of them even like football, god-dammit. Howsabout that, eh?

Why is it that we always use Winston Churchill as a moral lodestone by which to set our compasses by? The man was a drunkard, a womaniser, had dubious sexual conquests in his youth and apt to treat anyone around him of lower status like dogshyt. Hitler was a superb man-manager, an excellent partner, a fine author and had many attributes that people, were they not aware who he was, would find agreeable. Knowing him for what he's done, however, I would think twice about rolling out his finer points when illustrating a point. And as ever, Churchill is more paraphrased and misquoted than the Bilbe. He has his bad points (like his early political career) and his better ones (like later) What that has to do with homosexuals in the mob is irrelevant. Think on, eh?

levers

11. Levers, do you ever smile?

12. You mean it isn't? 8O

I must admit I just cannot get my head around these social sites. How could one be sure that a man claiming to be a Noble and lapsed Admiral aged 60 is all he claims to be? He could be a women posing for victims. RR is different, of course. I know that you're all authentic matelots! 8)

Going slightly off topic and thinking of the needs of some RR members in needs of a change....

http://www.ashleymadison.com/app/public/guarantee/detailsform.p

13. Levers_Aligned

Yeah, I do. I smile at the level of Little Englander bigotry masquerading as self-righteous tub-thumping on boards like this. I instantly think of Alf Garnett - hero to many of the 'Britain for the British' brigade, but completely unable to articulate his prejudices when faced with those he claimed to hate.

Some people might call him a coward.

levers

14. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Thingy wrote
    Not so sure about the 'lapsed' bit but you are quite right to question the veracity of Facebook entry. If I was on the Admiral's wedge, had his status and had his contacts, I wouldn't be fecking about with Facebook. Well I wouldn't anyway. Has norma been a busy boy? Will we see (bogus)Facebook entries from two and a halfs in shore jobs, senior dentists at RCDS etc?

Maxi fretted,
    Two posts before you Maxi! SPB warned us before about huffnut cringe, [/i]Norman's deep sleeper, but we didn't listen. And Levers, that was a quality bollocking for huffnut cringe but you can relax now, he's banned. :wink:

15. I agree Seadog. I was really astonished that someone of his stature was posing on a social site at all. If he's after finding new oppos I can recommend the Arts Club in London: nice architecture & decor, imbued with cultured sorts and excellent dining facilities (the reason for joining most clubs :) ) But then I forget, he already belongs to London's most exclusive club: the House of Nobs.