Lord Nelson memorabilia

Discussion in 'History' started by paulfrasercollect, Mar 19, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the kind of thing you guys are interested in, but here is a link to a market report on Nelson memorabilia, which I have recently become fascinatedby after learning of the man and his general awesomeness! Please see link:

For those of you in the Navy, is there much interest in the historical aspect for you? I see this partuicular section of the forum is dedicated to it, but was wondering how much you will be made aware of the history when actually training etc.

2. From the market report:

"Furthemore, Nelson signed photos have risen in value by 14.87% pa between 2000 and 2012, from an average of £1,800 ($2,835) in 2000 to £9,500 ($14,970), according to the PFC40 Autograph Index."

Am I missing something? Does not Nelson's death predate the invention of the camera by many years?
  3. Are you extracting the urine? Perhaps you need to look up the reason why the RN hold national / international remembrances for Trafalgar and Taranto, as well as the Remembrance for Armistice Day (as it used to be known).

Plus, "awesomeness"?? Septic by any chance?