Loose lips sink the RN!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by StokersRus, Apr 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The conduct of the story tellers amounts to the increased danger to our troops on the ground. My niece is in the thick of it in Basra. Violence and attacks have increased since the verbal 'black drizzle' has given increased confidence to take on the British Military. Who can blame them we must look pretty pathetic with such disciplined ambassadors!!!! I cringe at the sight of them.

2. There has been plenty written in the past of underestimating your enemy.

It is nowhere near as bad as what the British media do on their own without the aid of the Cornwallian scapegoats.

3. "The conduct of the story tellers amounts to the increased danger to our troops on the ground. My niece is in the thick of it in Basra. Violence and attacks have increased since the verbal 'black drizzle' has given increased confidence to take on the British Military. Who can blame them we must look pretty pathetic with such disciplined ambassadors!!!! I cringe at the sight of them"

Attacks there have nothing to do with the RN incident. Look at them as responses to local stimuli like detentions and not the RN. The locals there look at things differently to the way we do.

4. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Stokersrus....what paper did you say you worked for again?

5. As do I!

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Think you've already been sussed Journo!

7. Well my nephews on his 3rd tour there. He's of the opinion it's more to do with the Iraqis being fed up with us being there

8. I find it depressing that matelots are attacking the integrity of fellow matelots who have unwittingly served as political decoys for the failures of our masters and the public to properly invest in this country's defences. These continued attacks are serving nobody except those in the higher echelons of power to smokescreen the facts from the punitive gaze of the electorate. Whilst there will be no BOI into the events culminating in the Cornwall debacle we are doing the bidding of those seeking to undermine Service cohesion for their own ends. Matelots should be standing up for their scapegoated colleagues against the media bullies, not encouraging them to attack the wrong target! :x :x :x

End of Rant.

9. Thank you Steve....wish I had your way with words.

10. I bought my words from eBay. My head is an empty box into which facts are fed, jiggled around and regurgitated in some vague semblance of reality. :D Fortunately as I can remember where my head is*, the input usually enters the right channel.

*I haven't had to resort to labelling my bonce "Head" yet, unlike Nutty! :wink: :D :lol: