Looks like we are up and running again!

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by soleil, Jan 5, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Excellent!

2. Some fire fighting to be done, but yes nearly there. No chat though. SHould be a bar at the bottom of the screen. Also no front page image. Ah well. Worse things....

3. Will take some getting used to but good effort these things are a nightmare...

How do you tell new posts for previously read? (aside from by memory, obviously!)

4. We expecting a Royal visit?

Don't log in for a few days and come back to the overwhelming smell of fresh paint and Brasso!
    Nice Flats though, ME7 or Klear?
    :)

5. I'm begining to like it already.

6. Ah! Now I see why I couldn't get in last night - so to speak! But where are the Smilies??

7. Labrum, to answer your question, if you are using 'Last 50+', then yes, it is by memory, though threads you have not read are bold (though threads you have read regardless of if there are new posts or not remain unemboldened forever). If you use the 'New Posts' option, then if you have read a thread, it disappears from the list unless there is a new unread post.

8. :plotting: smilies are working :plotting:

9. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Hmm, I dunno how it happened, EA. But when I clicked on your profile I somehow managed to access your Facebook account - and I managed to see what you go up to at the Olive Net Xmas Office Party..! You should be ashamed!!

Maybe... :wink:

10. Cheers JC! I had some advanced search thing saved as a bookmark under the previous version but can't replicate it. The new posts will do for now as long as the little grey cells don't let me down!

11. Aah, I see that "My Posts" has be replaced with "Subscribed Threads" on Quick Links.

12. The search on this site should be a lot more effective than the old one - now located in top right of site as shown in picture below:

search.jpg