Looking to rejoin

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Günther, Jun 27, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

I left the mob in 2007 after 9 years as an OM, I left for silly reasons really, I had a hoofing bird at the time and it looked serious but it soon became apparent that things were not to be with her. I retrained as a plumber, got into the trade and didn't fair to well with the recession etc. I've been on the sausage since then and have been living in assisted accomodation, I got involved in the ganj for a bit but have been clean for over 6 months now and I am really looking to turn my life around and get back on track.

I had glowing reports in the mob, passed for killick etc and would really like to challenge myself. I've looked at the booties but I don't think it would provide the sort of mental stimulation I'm after, also I don't fancy back to back tours in the sandpit. I was planning to rejoin as an OM but I've since found out the branch no longer exists, they new alternatives look a bit pony to me.

When I served I spent a short amount of time attached to an STC (shhhhh!) unit and I really fancy getting myself involved. Obviously what they were doing was uber hush hush so I didn't really get to find out exactly what their job involved, but needless to say it looked sexy as ****, what with their Gucci kit, jet skis and H&Ks etc.

So could anyone let me know, serving or otherwise, what it is they actually do? What is daily life like? I'm fit as **** (ex RN athletics champion) and reasonably clever, what are the chances of getting in? What's selection like? Are they still based between Poole and Hereford? What is the tempo of current ops?

Cheers in advance

Günther :-D

Also if any other newbies are thinking of getting involved please get in touch, it would be good to start training with a friendly face.
  2. Where is the FRO button CO's.?.

3. :sleepy2:..........
  4. If you are definitely thinking of re-joining, contact your nearest careers office ASAP. If you are the cock you appear to be then forget it. We are making people redundant, there are about 6000 people waiting to join, do you really think we need you!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Troll. Shipmate, go have a pull over 'guns and ammo'. Chopper.
  6. Cheers for your constructive input you chod.

I'm serious about this, just trying to rectify a past mistake 'Shipmate'.
  7. Do all kids these days do "the Ganj"? or pot or summit?

On another note, I want a Gunther Tee shirt.
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
  8. Only the cool kids.

9. Standard man innit.
  10. What do you call a 'cool kid' in a lockable metal box?

11. I suggest you.........can't be arsed I have a life
  12. Well, for a mod and a career advisor you're not exactly firing out the encouragement you should are you? Here's a lad, obviously with talent and experience, trying to rejoin and you go straight into cock whacker mode.
  13. wave_dodger

wave_dodger War Hero Book Reviewer

A talent for........? and 9 years experience as an OM; Now 4 years on, probably around 29, he's out to compete with the queues we already (miraculously) seem to have.

Still trying to work out what an STC is, only time I've seen that acronym used it was in relation to the RNR of old [CTC, RTC, STCs].
  14. In answer to the first question, all OMs are awesome.

As for the second question, if you don't know, you're not required to know.
  15. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Günther is smoking hot!

I'll take him over chico or a fat scouse lesbian.
  16. wave_dodger

wave_dodger War Hero Book Reviewer

I hadn't realised there was a question.....

In response to your statement, WAH!

oh ffs, STC....fair one.
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
  17. **** me, what a bunch of bellends on here.

Thanks to MLP and Witsend for the sensible replies.

Spoke to the careers office today and they say I have a good chance of making onto the next course.
  18. It's a cyber mess. Just getting you back into the groove ;-P
  19. Awesome mate, smash it up. Once you pass and become an STC god you can tell all these throbbers to get the wets in.
  20. Aye, ******* safeguard.