Looking for some advice.

SandyCragg

Midshipman
When I was Naval Party on Diligence the RFA blokes were all top notch, one was even an ex-submariner I'd had a boat with.

When I was down the South Atlantic my oppo and I had to nip across to the RFA for some steel bar and we were met at the screen door by a man in a dress.

RFA at HMS Raleigh

Lantern Swinger
HI,

If you want to send me your email address on private message i will pass it on to someone in recruitment who may be able to help you.

The leave pattern is 4 on 3 off (months) and there is no minimum or maximum contract length. you work until you retire.

If you are a 4th engineer does that mean you have your first CoC in engineering? If so then you would be able to join the RFA as a 3rd engineer.

Regards
Alex

ianandnadine

Lantern Swinger
HAHA HA HAHA HA That's a good one. I think you'll find it should read "The best advice is to never take advice from a person with a post count and probably an IQ of less than 2."

It should have "The" at the start.

"Advice" in bold italic is the second time you have mentioned it within the same statement. Thought should be given to replacing the word with a suitable alternative. Maybe use a thesaurus. I can suggest alternatives if you would prefer?

As you are referring to only one person in your statement that is how it should read, hence the "person" in bold. Unless you are alluding to yourself? In which case this is a self defeating statement.

For the last pick up you should really put "an" before IQ.

Apart from this you have made your point very well. Congratulations.

Slightly presumptuous on your part that I was referring to your self, maybe you have a slight insecurity issue,maybe it was the IQ reference that had you take the bait. Thank you sincerely for the English lesson, noted. The problem with being a pedant however is that you need to be squeaky clean yourself, capital R in Rob for future reference. Good lad.:blowkiss: