Looking for some advice please!

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by westend-geek, Jun 3, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good evening guys and galls!

I would like to call on your collective wisdom (and no doubt wit) in gathering information on the SEA(RES) branch within the RNR. Having done my time as an OM(C) (or whatever they are called now!) I am looking to see if the reserves have any use for me. Ideally not within the comms world, to be fair being stuck in a MCO almost constantly drove me, and those around me, a bit nuts! Where as I really enjoyed upper deck and dabber work.

According to the nice glossy brochure from the acquaint evening it would appear that the branch focuses on providing upper deck sentries and gangway bods. I wonder if there is more to the branch, such as upper deck work similar to sea specs? Also what opportunities are available for mobilisation in this branch?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I would like to make an informed decision this time! Curses to those silver-tongued AFCO staff when I first joined!

Now as the sprog here, I suppose I'll get the wets on! LOL

Thanks all.

2. Pm inbound

3. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Secrets, secrets, oh those dirty secrets.

You two meeting up in Tennents for a chat?

4. "it would appear that the branch focuses on providing upper deck sentries and gangway bods. I wonder if there is more to the branch"

Nope, there isn't (apart from a couple of bods per year who get to go and play with RHIBs).
    That's not a criticism, but that's the branch at the moment. I've enjoyed it muchly so far.

And as for opportunities to mobilise, if you want to go you'll go!