Looking for new set of Officers Nos 1's - help needed

Jim30

Lantern Swinger
Hi guys,

I'm RNR and need a new set of Nos 1's. A mate reccomended a firm called "turners Viv?" who apparently go to the stores of the main naval bases. Does anyone have any contact details for them?

ALternatively can anyone reccomend a good tailor - not interested in Bauns or Gieves!

Re: Looking for new set of Officers Nos 1's - help need

As far as I am aware the company is Turner Vie and they are a company of taylors your local friendly?? POSA should have contact details if no joy from that direction then a direct approach to the duty SA at your nearest RN base/ air-station should do the job.
Rumour has it that there is a shop in GUZ where you can get the full out-rig but as I'm a JR no need as it's all pusser. 8) 8O :roll:

e-bay do a good line of officers kit!

Turners made my No.1's, it isn't all that especially if you have to pay out of your own pocket!

wave_dodger

MIA
Book Reviewer

Try calling the wardroom at HMS NELSON, ask for Tin Trousers, this is the second hand Officers clothing store. Don't worry most kit is in excellent order, and I definately saw some RNR Nos 1 there last week. Even if you have to get an RN set getting them relaced isn't that expensive.

Jim30

Lantern Swinger

Could someone give me the phone No or email for Turners? I'm nowhere near a friendly POSA!

Jim30

Lantern Swinger

Sadly not!

I'm not interested in 2nd hand kit - I have the cash for a new uniform and want something decent (hence not interested in Bauns :D )

A mate reccommend Turners to me, but am happy to take alternative ideas.

I will however be selling on my old kit (42" chest, 38/33 trousers) once this is sorted...

Don't know your location , but have you tried Joe Fenwick's in Union Street , Plymouth , :roll:

Could try ringing Russ at BRNC stores. Lots of second hand uniforms and good value. He'll even send you them on approval. Mind you - sizes other than skinny young thing can be rare!

ok, bit a dumb one, all round if I may say so!!! inc me. Google "Naval Tailors" and that should give you a damn good start! had a quick nose and there's a couple that should be able to help Jim.