Looking for info

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Madina-Spike, Apr 30, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello! I'm new here and looking forward to making a career in the Navy. I recently passed my Recruitment Test for Marine Engineering and now I'm studying for the formal interview. But I don't know what I need to know for it! Obviously I need to know about the Navy and Engineering, but how much about what? Will I get asked questions about turbines? Or plumbing?! There's so much to know, I don't want to waste my time learning something indepth when I could've been studying something more useful. Can anyone help please? I don't want to stuff this up! Many thanks.

Madina-Spike

2. You don't need an in-depth engineering knowledge although knowing what pushes the war canoes through the water won't hurt but you don't need turbine theory etc, the navy'll teach you what you need to know. Buff up on the role of the navy, hotspots it's involved in etc. It's an interview for the Navy, not specifically your branch.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Welcome to Rum Ration, Madina.

Have you been given a date for your interview?

4. Thanks WreckerL. Takes a weight off my mind!
    Hello soleil! My interview date is 21st of May. Hopefully enough time to get it together!

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

6. They're both brilliant, thanks guys! Feeling a lot more focused now.