Looking for Advernture Sports in Liverpool!

Discussion in 'Sports and Adventure Training' started by SB146564, Oct 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, I am hopefully going to Join the RM, but I am going to do a degree in outdoor education and physical training, What they are looking for is experience in outdoor activities. e.g. orienteering, climbing, canoeing etc. Any websites or centres that could help wuld be great.
    Ste

2. The National mountain centre at Plas y Brenin has a centre assistant scheme. There are 8 volunteer places a year and you help out around the centre and in exchange you get accommodation and training. They are recruiting now for next year.

Link

3. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Plas Y Brenin is a good place to start as mentioned by Harry above, alternatively try these: Kingswood they have training centres all over the place, wages are low but training and free food and accom make up for that!

4. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Going for a light jog in a Man Utd top in Liverpool is a good outdoor activity to keep you fit... :twisted: :wink:

5. Similar to the chieftiff's suggestion, have a look also at PGL

6. HAHA, I'm from Liverpool. Absolutely right though, It would get you very fit, haha.
    Nice one lads

7. Take it your doing the course at I.M Marsh. This should stand you in good stead. I cant believe your asking the question when you have the lakes north of you and North Wales just to the south. Loads to do there so get cracking.

NB

8. Yer, thats where the course is. I was asking if anyone knew any good courses for me too sign up too. I need to get experience before I apply to the uni. Did you mean it would stand me in good stead for the royal Marines. I searched for days looking for a course that could help me with the RM and hopefully this will do so.
    ste