long life.

Can anyone beat this ?
I have a Seiko 100 sports watch which has been ticking for 29yrs on the same original battery and keeping near perfect time.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Oh yeah, so that's what 'kinetic' means: "29 Year battery life"

Seiko said:
Kinetic is Seiko's name for a category of watches that differ from standard quartz watches in that they never need a battery change. That's because a Kinetic watch generates its own electrical power. It uses the simple motion of the wearer's arm to create electricity to run the watch. A Kinetic watch has the same, extremely high accuracy as a standard quartz watch, accurate to within 15 seconds per month. Kinetic represents one of the most technologically advanced energy generation and storage technology available for watches. It has two major advantages over standard quartz technology.

For most people, the greatest advantage is convenience. With a kinetic watch the battery will never need replacing. Worn regularly, a Kinetic watch will never stop; it continually generates and stores electricity. Consequently, it is virtually maintenance free.
Amazon.com: Seiko Men's SKA411 USA Sport 100 Kinetic Watch: Seiko: Watches

wet_blobby

War Hero
Yep, I can beat that.

The battery/ignition device on something 20 odd years ago was so **** it went pop instead of bang and I'm still going strong drinking beer and living the dream because of it. :)

No it's not a kinetic watch and yes it is hard to believe it is still going strong after all these years.
Also not solar as it's been in a drawer for 10 yrs.

Hei Johne

Probably been kept warm in the drawer and free for dampness,just a theory,hope lifes doing you good, i am on my way to sarf Africa for the holidays,take care and a merry chrimbo.

Ps pls excuse my spelling,been far too long away from the UK,

Yep, I can beat that.

The battery/ignition device on something 20 odd years ago was so **** it went pop instead of bang and I'm still going strong drinking beer and living the dream because of it. :)

Obviously wasn't his f***ing Seiko 100 then. You'll only go when it's
time to go. Happy trails. B.N.M.

Latest Threads