Long distance relationships in the navy

U

uncle_ho

I lost count of the number of naval wives I nobbed when I was on leave from the army in Plymouth. Most of them lived in St Budeax or Crownhill with one notable exeption which was a woman married to the MEO of HMS Beaver and lived in Hartly. Army wives were not much different and I put it all down to oppertunity - their husbands are away for a long time so they took advantage of the oppertunity. I don't what its like now but Union street used to have a significant number of naval wives out on the pull most weekends in the early and mid 80s.
gawd bless 'em

Black2Blue

War Hero
uncle_ho said:
I lost count of the number of naval wives I nobbed when I was on leave from the army in Plymouth. Most of them lived in St Budeax or Crownhill with one notable exeption which was a woman married to the MEO of HMS Beaver and lived in Hartly. Army wives were not much different and I put it all down to oppertunity - their husbands are away for a long time so they took advantage of the oppertunity. I don't what its like now but Union street used to have a significant number of naval wives out on the pull most weekends in the early and mid 80s.
gawd bless 'em

Have you read the book "How to win friends and influence people"?

Did they also have a bit of card in the window with "OMO" on it?

Bet you smiled at the pictures on the bedside table.

Honestly you lot what are you like! you give a real debauched view of navy life and the truth is for most of you chance would be a fine thing!! You know what they say them that talk about it most get it least. :D

A navy parter will be true to her/his OH for as long as she believes he/she is being true back. Tis the same in civie street and the world over.

One thing for sure its a lot harder to be left at home than it is to be the one serving and she/he really would need to love you to make the sacrifices necessary. And don't even start me on on board relationships a big no no :evil: unless your one of those randy ratings with no morals and no ambition and most wrens have a little more self respect than some of you lot give them credit for!!

Joking apart though you will have enough time to see your chosen lovely and build a perfectly happy relationship if you both want it to work it will. Its not so much how often you are together but how you spend that time and how well you communicate when you are apart. Tougher on submarines but I know a few couples who have and do make that work for them as well

Good luck 8)

O yeah and waiting for incoming on most of the above - and used to ming mong on RP so do your worst matelots :lol:

Guzzler

War Hero
QUATE8203 said:
Its not so much the trust factor and worrying about cheating, more about getting to see her ect.

I'm sure we'd all like to see her ect, but I must admit I've never heard it called that before.

tommo

War Hero
clanky said:
I used to work for a chief who had convinced his Mrs(who lived up the line) that he was duty every other weekend. This allowed him to spend quality time with his guzz "aunty" :D

The chief stoker on board my last ship had a few aunties lol

brigham600

War Hero
tommo said:
clanky said:
I used to work for a chief who had convinced his Mrs(who lived up the line) that he was duty every other weekend. This allowed him to spend quality time with his guzz "aunty" :D

The chief stoker on board my last ship had a few aunties lol

So I heard and they were all the in MCR. :lol: :p

Latest Threads