Long Bar

jonwilly

Is the Long Bar still there down Union Street in Plymouth ?
Do the Working Girls still meet for a Pizz up of a Wednesday afternoon?
Used to get an invite as mi mate Babysat for one of the Ladies while she was out earning. Nice little earner for him till the old Bill warned him off.
john

function

Badgeman
The Long Bar mmmmm happy days, no longer there.
It was next door to the Prince Regent wasn't it.
Dont' know about the ones from the strip/octogan but allegedly there were some that used to use the Carousel, above the chippy and next door to the Avondale. Class !

Graybags

Lantern Swinger
I thought the long bar was next to Diamond Lil's ?
I seem to remember getting wedged between a table and a bulkhead on my 2nd night of my stag run singing new york new york

UncleAlbert

War Hero
Wasn`t there a long bar on the front at Southsea? had a door each end so if someone pi$$ed you off you could leave, then come in the other door sneak up behind them and give erm a slap. Seen it done a couple of times.

BigWets

Midshipman
Everytime I watch The Simpsons, I think of a Union St. club called Bart's, with crappy pics of the characters on the walls. Also Pennys, where you had to put a penny in the pot as you went in.

George

jonwilly said:
Used to get an invite as mi mate Babysat for one of the Ladies while she was out earning. Nice little earner for him till the old Bill warned him off.
john

4th December 1968 was my last run ashore in Guzz: just returned from a year away on the Euryalus - out via Simonstown, back via the Panama Canal.
Happy days.

BigWets

Midshipman
George said:
jonwilly said:
john

4th December 1968 was my last run ashore in Guzz: just returned from a year away on the Euryalus - out via Simonstown, back via the Panama Canal.
Happy days.
My old man was a teleprinter on Ashanti, and probably shagged the same whores.

Latest Threads