London Service Accomodation

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by RNexpat, Mar 20, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

I'm in resettlement at the moment and have used up all my Graduated Resettlement Time (GRT). However, I am using some of my leftover ALA for a bike maintenance course next month.

Due to thetype of leave I am now using, I am responsible for finding my own accomodation and get no subsistence. When I booked the course I had been lead to believe this would be sorted for me to be in a hotel for the duration.

Anyway, thats not happening, but it would appear that unless I intend to lose all my ELCs the course must go ahead. Is there any service accomodation I can book in London? Somebody suggested HMS President but I haven't been able to get hold of anyone, alternatively how far out is Northwood?

Maybe have to venture into Crab-land or Pongo-world.... its not to cold on the streets in April, is it?

2. Northolt is handy, tube stops nearby and they're pretty happy with you booking in. I've ducked in there a few times when in the smoke. I'd look there mate.
  3. Sweet thanks pal. Any suggestions on contact details? What is Northolt? Army?
  4. RAF. Guardroom is 020 8833 8368. They should point you toward the right place for an accom booking.
  5. The mess at Knightsbridge barracks is fairly reasonable I suppose.

Bring your polo gear, chukkas at 0800 sharp.
  6. I stayed at Chelsea barracks for Princess Margaret's funeral. That was some shite accomodation.
  7. Sweet cheers guys, if these options are about then I'll make some calls tomorrow. Cheers
  8. [TABLE]
    [TD]No idea if they have any Accom, but worth a try, there should be someone there at the moment.

RMR City of London
    RM Barracks Wandsworth
    351 Merton Road
    SW18 5JX
    [TD]0208 871 0156

9. Are my old eyes deceiving me Monty? A reply to a post without sarcasm, well I live and breath.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. In all seriousness London is quite a big ******* place.

It'd help if we knew where your course is.
  11. I know Monty would not regard me as a friend.......but I'll help him want sarcasm....'**** off'
  12. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

PRESIDENT doesnt have any accommodation - try Woolwich Barracks which houses the London transit mess. Otherwise, go for a non availability chit.
  13. Is it possible that this is the reason?

14. Its at the Cycle Systems Academy -
    51 Eagle Wharf Rd
    London N1 7ER
    United Kingdom

Sorry - s'pose that could have been put in much earlier
  15. Thanks for all the suggestions. Hopefully I'll be able to find something tomorrow
  16. Regents Park Barracks is your nearest gaff with accom, easy bus ride to your course.
  17. Wellington barracks too, near St James park
  18. Guys that is really really useful - thankyou. How did you know about them?
  19. There is absolutely no ******* way the guards are gonna let a matelot doss down in their hallowed halls.

On the off chance that you do get lodgings there, FFS stay off the parade square, stick to the paths, don't go out after sunset, wear a suit, avoid anyone in a hat and remember the secret password at all times.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Well next time you do go there, let me know. I'm in Hillingdon.