London Poppy Day Appeal

Discussion in 'Charity' started by soleil, Oct 22, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bump.............

2. Do the collectors get a chaperone? Linky

3. Tomorrow, November 1st, is London Poppy Day. The guys from HMS President usually help out. If you are up in town and see a matelot lurking on a corner, collecting for London Poppy Day, do go over and say hello and chip in.

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Attached Files:

5. Anybody know how the various locations were split up by Service for the Poppy collections ? I was in town yesterday and saw lots of Jack and Royal at Canary Wharf. They looked good,were great at engaging with all the commuters etc and generally portrayed the Navy/Corps in a good light. However when i went into Covent Garden later it was Crab central; loads of blue nylon and Hilton loyalty medals. They had a good band, in rig, and a Spitfire outside the Punch and Judy. While i hope they raised thousands for the RBL, it was also a fantastic recruiting and PR opportunity for them in the busiest part of London and at half term. Fair play; they did a great job but why was it a single Service gig and not Joint? The public have little enough idea about what the Navy does and this could have been a great opportunity for us and Perce. I appreciate that i have no idea how the 'pitches ' were allocated but hopefully we can get a share of the glory next year.