Logo - quick feedback needed!

Discussion in 'Site Issues' started by Good_CO, Jan 16, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm just about to speak to a cartoonist about an RR logo and think I may have the answer. What about a logo based on this idea?
  2. sorry boss man.. Cats no like...... ( but then again im only a civi...lol)
  3. How about that but with RR instead of the Templar Battle Flag?
  4. I'm thinking of a new ship (cartoon), with an old style mast / square rig, and this ensign on the top?
  5. Yeah that might work.
    Still not sure about the skull and x bones though :)
  6. bump. Please give me some feedback if you haven't already.
  7. Looks good to me.
  8. I dont like the skull and bones tbh
    But thats my opinion
  9. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

I like the idea, don't like the skull & crossbones, would prefer a proper white ensign especially with a cartoon ship :thumright:
  10. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

How about a ship floating on a barrel of rum? Lose the skull and cross bones and put a Cdo dagger up instead. :thumright:
  11. Like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  12. me too
  13. Just spoke to the guy who'll be doing it. He'll be starting either late this month or February so we've got a bit of time to get some good ideas together. I like the idea of the ensign + dagger. I'll have a quick go at the ship idea tomorrow.
  14. not too keen on the skull and cross bones, seems to be a popular opinion. but maybe the Cdo dagger up as blobby said.
  15. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Not old enough to have been given the tot but, how about the ship resting in a ladle (doubt thats spelt right) as in signifying a measure of rum, with the handle of the ladle curling over at the top to form one of the letter "R"s in RR?
  16. Don't like the skull and crossbones, but I do like the idea of marrying old and new as with the ships. A simple White Ensign does it for me everytime
  17. Exceedingly old, just a trifle bold, but don't like the pirate flag idea.
    White Ensign with a bit of Globe and Laurel would do for me.

18. Commando dagger through skull? An 'R' on either side of the skull. Too busy? OTT?
  19. Don't like the skull and cross bones either, liked Blobbs idea of the ship in a ladle of rum (yes Blobbs it was correct). :thumright:
  20. Thanks for the feedback on here. I liked the skull and cross bones and thought I'd cracked it, so it's been very helpful to be put right. I'll post some example of the work of the guy who'll be doing it for comment. Got to fix the wiki first though. Back in a moment.