Logistics ...

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by kimberley, Sep 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys!

Well, I'm currently in the process of applying to become a Logistics Officer, actually I am meant to be sitting my AIB right now, but alas I have "suspected Swine flu" / chest infection ... really having the last day or so to think about it, I'm kind of glad I'm not there because really I think I'm not ready to be a RN officer ...

Looking into going in as a rating, personnel logisistican today I've started to think that I would prefer to do go in as a rating, because I know i'll have every opertunity to progress.

What stage in this process will I be at? Will I have to sit all my psychometric tests again? and pass a medical again? or is it really a question for my AFCO?

Cheers guys, any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  2. If you can join as an Officer do it.

Go to the AIB and see how you get on. If you fail then you can look at becoming a rating.

Since I am feeling particularly cultured today I shall throw in a quote by C.S. Lewis:

''Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in. Aim at earth and you get neither.''
  3. I have to agree with 2DD

If you have the opportunity to try for Officer do it!