Logistics

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Huntelaar, Mar 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am joining up to Raleigh in the next month as a Logistics rating....

Just a couple of questions regarding this really..:

I applied to do Supply Chain logistics but I am being referred to as a Stores Accountant... Wassat all about :?:

Is there a less likelyhood of being onboard a ship and more of a chance of being based at a dock?

If Anyone on here is in this branch I would love to know what you think too. Cheers.

2. jack dusty :wink: :wink: :wink:

3. Supply Chain is the new-fangled term for Stores Accountant - it means exactly the same thing so don't worry.

4. To bring the RN in line with the 2 Junior Services (it's called "jointery), they changed the Branch title. The job's the same, though, and an important one too.

5. You would say that :wink:

6. Is that the same as calling a tish house cleaner a Sanitary Technician ??

7. Stores Assistant (S/V), then Stores Accountant, now Logistics whatever...........Jack Dusties then, and always will be, whatver title they give them. Not a bad trade at all - or do I found, providing they kept me away from Air Stores !!

8. blanket stackers.. bedwetters..

9. Doesn't matter what title jack dusty's have. If you can say "not available any base" or "non-global" with a straight face you've cracked it, or to p1ss submariners off just say "you can't 'ave it, it's bomber load stock" :)

10. Our old Jack Dusty was nicknamed "Dremmel" because he was the ultimate tool.