Logistics

I am joining up to Raleigh in the next month as a Logistics rating....

Just a couple of questions regarding this really..:

I applied to do Supply Chain logistics but I am being referred to as a Stores Accountant... Wassat all about :?:

Is there a less likelyhood of being onboard a ship and more of a chance of being based at a dock?

If Anyone on here is in this branch I would love to know what you think too. Cheers.

Huntelaar said:
I am joining up to Raleigh in the next month as a Logistics rating....

Just a couple of questions regarding this really..:

I applied to do Supply Chain logistics but I am being referred to as a Stores Accountant... Wassat all about :?:

Is there a less likelyhood of being onboard a ship and more of a chance of being based at a dock?

If Anyone on here is in this branch I would love to know what you think too. Cheers.
jack dusty :wink: :wink: :wink:

A

angrydoc

Supply Chain is the new-fangled term for Stores Accountant - it means exactly the same thing so don't worry.

Passed-over_Loggie said:
To bring the RN in line with the 2 Junior Services (it's called "jointery), they changed the Branch title. The job's the same, though, and an important one too.
You would say that :wink:

Stores Assistant (S/V), then Stores Accountant, now Logistics whatever...........Jack Dusties then, and always will be, whatver title they give them. Not a bad trade at all - or do I found, providing they kept me away from Air Stores !!

Huntelaar said:
Passed-over_Loggie said:
To bring the RN in line with the 2 Junior Services (it's called "jointery), they changed the Branch title. The job's the same, though, and an important one too.
You would say that :wink:
Doesn't matter what title jack dusty's have. If you can say "not available any base" or "non-global" with a straight face you've cracked it, or to p1ss submariners off just say "you can't 'ave it, it's bomber load stock" :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
rugger_bob Bases / Shore Est 0
D The Fleet 3