Logistics Officer

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Smiley_Dougal, May 5, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi Guys,

I'm in the process of applying for Logistics Officer and was wondering if anyone could enlighten me further on the job information?

I have read the literature given out by AFCO, however I would definitely be interested to hear more, such as who I would be likely to work for, what offices could I be attached to, are there any secondary duties etc?

Basically I just wanted to do as much research as possible and any hints would be greatly appreciated!

Thanking you in advance.... :happy11:
  2. Secondary duties I understand are to:

- dish out advice on legal, personnel and accountancy matters to your CO
    - lead battle damage control and first aid

but what do i know?
  3. Look after the people that look after the logs!!!
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

In the Action state, the Logistics Officer, is the Damage Control Officer at Action Stations & in charge of overall control of casualty management, damage control & limitation including flood containment, salvage ops, firefighting operations, logistic management support including the mass preparation & distribution of catering, medical & stores support both within the ship & external to the ship in the case of disaster relief operations worldwide.
  5. ......and dont forget those Bag Meals for the evacuees :wink:
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Oh yeah, the Logs Officer is also i/c "out of date" Mars Bars, Benson's Crisps shareholder, and procurer of spam in a cling-film wrapped bread roll, negat butter. Oh, and supplier of bruised apples to HM the Armed Forces, by appointment.
  7. Also to oversee the disposal of accidentally damaged crates received during a ras... (or normally delegated to the SA's, hard job..) That of course is not counting those that got waylaid along the ras route...
  8. Thanks for the help guys! Didn't realise people still ate spam :eek:
  9. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Every ship carries a consignment of the stuff. Just in case the hull is breached and we run out of hardwood wedges and pad pieces... :wink:
  10. Absolute class :lol: