Logistics Officer

Hi Guys,

I'm in the process of applying for Logistics Officer and was wondering if anyone could enlighten me further on the job information?

I have read the literature given out by AFCO, however I would definitely be interested to hear more, such as who I would be likely to work for, what offices could I be attached to, are there any secondary duties etc?

Basically I just wanted to do as much research as possible and any hints would be greatly appreciated!

Thanking you in advance.... :happy11:

Secondary duties I understand are to:

- dish out advice on legal, personnel and accountancy matters to your CO
- lead battle damage control and first aid

but what do i know?

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
In the Action state, the Logistics Officer, is the Damage Control Officer at Action Stations & in charge of overall control of casualty management, damage control & limitation including flood containment, salvage ops, firefighting operations, logistic management support including the mass preparation & distribution of catering, medical & stores support both within the ship & external to the ship in the case of disaster relief operations worldwide.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Oh yeah, the Logs Officer is also i/c "out of date" Mars Bars, Benson's Crisps shareholder, and procurer of spam in a cling-film wrapped bread roll, negat butter. Oh, and supplier of bruised apples to HM the Armed Forces, by appointment.

Also to oversee the disposal of accidentally damaged crates received during a ras... (or normally delegated to the SA's, hard job..) That of course is not counting those that got waylaid along the ras route...

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Smiley_Dougal said:
Thanks for the help guys! Didn't realise people still ate spam :eek:
Every ship carries a consignment of the stuff. Just in case the hull is breached and we run out of hardwood wedges and pad pieces... :wink:

Ninja_Stoker said:
Oh yeah, the Logs Officer is also i/c "out of date" Mars Bars, Benson's Crisps shareholder, and procurer of spam in a cling-film wrapped bread roll, negat butter. Oh, and supplier of bruised apples to HM the Armed Forces, by appointment.
Absolute class :lol: