Logistics Officer Training Pipeline

Hi all

I am currently in the very early applcation stages, going for Logistics Officer. I have searched high and low over the internet for a detailed timeline on training; from the minute you arrive at BRNC to begin your initial training to when you finally complete your professional training. Can anyone help me with something up to date and a little more comprehensive than that found on the RN website?

I have read lots of other threads, most of which being old but nonetheless not greatly understood by someone who is a complete novice. i.e. not elaborating on what ILOC/ALO/DLO/IST/CFT means. I know it is a big ask as it is a rather lengthy process to explain but if anyone could kindly enlighten me that would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Hi all

I am currently in the very early applcation stages, going for Logistics Officer. I have searched high and low over the internet for a detailed timeline on training; from the minute you arrive at BRNC to begin your initial training to when you finally complete your professional training. Can anyone help me with something up to date and a little more comprehensive than that found on the RN website?

I have read lots of other threads, most of which being old but nonetheless not greatly understood by someone who is a complete novice. i.e. not elaborating on what ILOC/ALO/DLO/IST/CFT means. I know it is a big ask as it is a rather lengthy process to explain but if anyone could kindly enlighten me that would be much appreciated.

Thank you
Don't quote me but I understand that if you talk to your AFCO nicely they may be able to arrange an "Acquaint visit" where you get to talk to a real live Log. Officer who would be able to give you the full story. Ask! they can only say no.

Don't quote me but I understand that if you talk to your AFCO nicely they may be able to arrange an "Acquaint visit" where you get to talk to a real live Log. Officer who would be able to give you the full story. Ask! they can only say no.
Agreed, they do tend to arrange visits and can help you where needed. I just find that I am coming across lots of conflicting material which is a little confusing.

I have been lucky enough to speak with Logistic Officers but without knowing the training pipeline, it is tricky to know what the right questions would be. (These have been face to face meetings and I like to be very thorough with my notes). I would find it very helpful to have a written timeline that I can get my head around that before delving further into the specifics. I was hoping someone, somewhere on the web out there, would perhaps have access to a current training pipeline.

Agreed, they do tend to arrange visits and can help you where needed. I just find that I am coming across lots of conflicting material which is a little confusing.

I have been lucky enough to speak with Logistic Officers but without knowing the training pipeline, it is tricky to know what the right questions would be. (These have been face to face meetings and I like to be very thorough with my notes). I would find it very helpful to have a written timeline that I can get my head around that before delving further into the specifics. I was hoping someone, somewhere on the web out there, would perhaps have access to a current training pipeline.
If you're looking for chapter and verse from the word go I think you'll be lucky to get a reply. If you have talked to a LO you should have some idea what the job entails. The initial training at BRNC is the same for them as everyone else and does change from time to time but that is all part of the fun:)