Logistics officer RN grades required

Willow24

Hello, I’m currently applying to be a logistics officer in the Royal Navy. The problem is I have a Grade c in gcse maths. But I do have 3 a levels As and B in law sociology and graphics, a law degree and I’m currently doing a masters.
on some documents I read (including the one my recruiter sent me) I only need 5 GCSES grade A to C including English and maths which I do have. But I have been told I cannot progress without a B in maths.

I have been recommended instead I work as a chef on a submarine or go into the writing side of logistics in a submarine? Which is interesting considering my application is for surface ship. Or a writer on surface ship but this is a risk as it does not guarantee logistics officer at all.
any help or advice about the maths or alternatives would be great.
thanks

redmonkey

War Hero
Book Reviewer
I am afraid that you require a B grade in Maths and English.
I would re sit my maths and get the required B grade for logistics officer as your other qualifications will not counter that requirement.

Logistics Officer is one of the harder entry requirements and is often over subscribed with applications.

Waspie

War Hero
Sit your maths exam again to gain a higher grade. Seems the easiest option from my view point.
If you want Log Officer and you have age on your side, sit the maths exam again. Don't settle for something you don't really want. Don't be pushed. You'll only regret it.

Willow24

Thank you I will take that advice I’m 22 turning 23 soon so age is on my side. It’s a shame retaking my GCSE will push me back months which I am worried about as I’ve already started the recruitment process as logistics officer (having already given my tattoo information, hobby sports etc) do I just hold off on filling anymore forms or do I withdraw my application? Alternatively I’ve been told about AB intelligence not as an officer route would that be worth looking at?
thankyou

slim

War Hero
I am amazed that the RN are offering to interview candidates wishing to be hoccifers with such low grade qualifications. In the 1960s Hoccifers could join with just four GCE "O" level grades. However the GCE was a much higher level than the current GCSE examination.

Waspie

War Hero
Thank you I will take that advice I’m 22 turning 23 soon so age is on my side. It’s a shame retaking my GCSE will push me back months which I am worried about as I’ve already started the recruitment process as logistics officer (having already given my tattoo information, hobby sports etc) do I just hold off on filling anymore forms or do I withdraw my application? Alternatively I’ve been told about AB intelligence not as an officer route would that be worth looking at?
thankyou
Really!! Months!!!!!! Ratings used to go to HMS Nelson and sit the required GCSE's required for officer and crack them out in weeks!!!

Pull ya finger out Man!! Woman!! whatever!!!! Caveat (For those who struggle with humour - this is said in jest) ha-dee-)ha

redmonkey

War Hero
Book Reviewer
You can sit GCSE exams in the coming months, your other qualifications prove you can study, find the time and find somewhere to to the exam.

Willow24

Really!! Months!!!!!! Ratings used to go to HMS Nelson and sit the required GCSE's required for officer and crack them out in weeks!!!

Pull ya finger out Man!! Woman!! whatever!!!! Caveat (For those who struggle with humour - this is said in jest) ha-dee-)ha
Yes months, you can only book the exam for may/June time not my decision. Plus I’m currently doing a masters but I would have found time of course. I can’t do the gcse through the navy. I’ve taken the advice I won’t settle for a chef or writer