Logistics Officer Acquaint Course

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by JennytheSparrow, Feb 3, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi there,

I'm booked in for AIB in April, applying to Logistics. Firstly, I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who posts on here. There's lots of useful information to be found on here which has been really helpful in my application so far.

Secondly, I'm booked onto a Logistics Officer Acquaint in March. Just wondering if anyone else has attended one of these and what sort of itinerary I can expect? I know I'll probably receive it all in the post in due course but thought I'd ask anyway. Cheers.

Jenny

2. Magda

Magda War Hero Book Reviewer

Hi there Jenny :)

I haven't done a Logistics Acquaint but did sit my AIB as a potential Logistics Officer candidate last May and passed. Let me know if you've any questions. Others more knowledgeable than myself can help you with the Acquaint and any queries about the job itself.

Mags

3. Yes, I believe that is correct!

4. Blankets, don't forget the blankets!

• Like Like x 1
  5. It's not that, it's the fact RALEIGH wardroom transit accommodation is so bloody cold you'll need blankets (plural!) to survive the night. But it does have a pleasing irony to it.

6. Thanks for the advice - see, already I've learned something useful for the AIB interview.

"Can you tell me what the next stage of training is after BRNC?"
    "Freezing my bits off at HMS Raleigh."

7. In that case I shall revise my answer to:

"Freezing my bits off at HMS Raleigh. Or not, depending on the time of year." :-D

8. I wonder how they'd respond if I did actually answer in that way. Probably best to stay professional, just in case!

9. They would probably think you were a silly little girl, grasping at straws to be funny. And they would think you were retarded.

10. Thus eminently qualified for the job. Good luck.:-D

• Like Like x 1
  11. Congrats on getting your place at BRNC in Nov! I didn't realise the board had made their selection for November yet. Yes, there was a girl on my acquaint who was going to BRNC in May, so maybe speak to your AFCO about getting on an acquaint before you go. I know she found it really useful.