Loggies/Herrick

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by hardhat, Jan 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello,

are there any RNR Loggies out there who have deployed on Herrick and willing to divulge their experience of it via PM (or email if they wish) if I drop them a line. I'm thinking about putting my name down, but want to speak/write to someone first. Nobody at my unit has deployed on Logs on said Op to ask them.

cheers easy

HH

2. Slightly off but i was on H7 and logs company of 40 cdo was scattered all over the place, quite a few were at Fob Rob.

3. AFAIK???

3 Commando Brig are going out in April 2011 and I'm just trying to get a feel of what I can expect to be doing, based etc if I am sucessful in getting there that is. Wasn't sure if I'd be stuck at the main bases folding blankets or actually out driving those IED infested roads or not!!!

4. I was on H9 - not a loggie though but lot of my mates were/ are RNR Logs. they were all at Bastion doing a variety of tasks. I know of one Snr Rate who was a KAF, but think they were doing a role more like their civvie role than logs. I believe a few got out to the FOBs but nothing dramatic. Not sure if any did CLPs. I know on H9 a lot of CLPs were manned by reg RN.

5. not the best with these acronyms!!!!!!!!!!!1

6. PM sent!

(not as an ex-herrick I might add..!)