Locations

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by chrisjg84, Sep 26, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. When a recruit passes out can he then choose what unit he wants to go i,e FPGRM or 45?

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Yes, you fill in a C230 Drafting Preference Card on which you can state your preferred unit.

Where possible every effort is made to send you to the unit you wish, however "operational requirements" take priority, so you may not get your first choice each time.

You should most definitely not join in the assumption you will join the unit you wish to.

3. Ninja, just a query, do C230's still exist now JPA is on-line with its assignment bits to fill out?

4. Ninja_Stoker

Good question, well put.

The form filling aspects have indeed moved onto JPA whereby you state sea/shore preferences. Recommends, where required are endorsed as appropriate.

Although the method of input has changed as you rightly state, the end result & the expectation of that result remains unchanged.

Thanks Chaz- you're right C230's are no more.

6. C230's, draftys piss take on the fleet....

7. We had something similar, but at least with the appointer you managed an opportunity for a coffee whilst they lied through their teeth at you regarding the dream-chit.

I well remember the phone conversation that went I know we discussed the best opportunities for your career development, your preferences etc, etc, etc but you do realise as a recently promoted X you have no choice in where you go......... He promptly sent me off to do one of the least attractive options in the list available.

8. Sounds very familiar!

9. cheers ninja ur a legend

10. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Even with text talk, you still need to put a gap between leg and end :dwarf:

11. At least in his own lunchtime ;)

12. Ninja_Stoker

Makes a change from some of the names I s'pose, Ta!

13. Any relation to Legover?? :thumright:

14. how about the last time you prob got your legover RT was still at spean bridge

15. Talk about draftys many moons ago the drafting commander went to Royal Arthur, he was asked by a PO Steward why he always got Far East and not west Indies what he kept putting in for. He did not get an answer and the commander went off in a huff