Locations

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Yes, you fill in a C230 Drafting Preference Card on which you can state your preferred unit.

Where possible every effort is made to send you to the unit you wish, however "operational requirements" take priority, so you may not get your first choice each time.

You should most definitely not join in the assumption you will join the unit you wish to.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Good question, well put.

The form filling aspects have indeed moved onto JPA whereby you state sea/shore preferences. Recommends, where required are endorsed as appropriate.

Although the method of input has changed as you rightly state, the end result & the expectation of that result remains unchanged.

Thanks Chaz- you're right C230's are no more.

Ninja_Stoker said:
the expectation of that result remains unchanged.
/quote] Indeed!
I preferred the old C230's/C240's, at least then you got something back signed knowing someone had looked at it, maybe not read but at least looked at it!

Chaz said:
I preferred the old C230's/C240's, at least then you got something back signed knowing someone had looked at it, maybe not read but at least looked at it!
We had something similar, but at least with the appointer you managed an opportunity for a coffee whilst they lied through their teeth at you regarding the dream-chit.

I well remember the phone conversation that went I know we discussed the best opportunities for your career development, your preferences etc, etc, etc but you do realise as a recently promoted X you have no choice in where you go......... He promptly sent me off to do one of the least attractive options in the list available.

Karma said:
Chaz said:
We had something similar, but at least with the appointer you managed an opportunity for a coffee whilst they lied through their teeth at you regarding the dream-chit.

I well remember the phone conversation that went I know we discussed the best opportunities for your career development, your preferences etc, etc, etc but you do realise as a recently promoted X you have no choice in where you go......... He promptly sent me off to do one of the least attractive options in the list available.
Sounds very familiar!

Talk about draftys many moons ago the drafting commander went to Royal Arthur, he was asked by a PO Steward why he always got Far East and not west Indies what he kept putting in for. He did not get an answer and the commander went off in a huff

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S The Fleet Air Arm 9
M Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
F The Fleet Air Arm 38